Commercial Store Manager
- Orlando, FL, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Commercial Store Manager is responsible for managing the operations of an automotive retail service and repair store to meet or exceed service standards and to achieve Monro’s performance and profitability goals. This position is expected to ensure that all teammates deliver exceptional 5 Star service to our guests, through effective communication of vehicle issues and proposed solutions, as well as consistently meeting guest expectations for time commitments and quality.
- Coach, lead, and develop teammates for career growth and to support Monro’s service standards
- Provide proper training to technicians to ensure that service(s) are consistently performed in accordance with Monro’s safety standards including but not limited to Monro’s Wheel Torque, Oil safety and compliance procedures
- Schedule guest appointments for the most effective optimization of technician abilities in the efficient and timely completion of vehicle services/repairs
- Achieve Monro’s sales goals by properly informing and recommending tire and service products and sales promotions to guests
- Attend to all guest needs in areas of sales, service, complaints and adjustments
- Build guest relationships to maximize customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
- Assist technicians in conveying repair and service needs to guests in a clear non-technical manner
- Ensure the store is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and consistently in guest ready condition
- Responsible for inventory management to include the oversight of pulling of tires and parts, unloading and stocking inventory
- Ensure technicians are properly operating, utilizing and maintaining all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with Monro and equipment manufacturer guidelines including but not limited to lifts, welders, brake lathes, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability objectives through P & L management with continual focus on KPI’s
- Execute store open and close activities to company standards including the handling of cash deposits
- Risk management including compliance with all OSHA health and safety regulations to ensure the safety of all Guests and Teammates
- Responsible for staffing of the store and performance management of Teammates as appropriate
The Commercial Store Manager has leadership responsibility for the store including oversight of all store operations and personnel. The Store Manager operates under the general direction of the District Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years retail supervisory experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. ASE certification and State Inspection License (where applicable) highly preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Capable of performing basic automotive maintenance, repair and tire services.
- Ability to identify problems by collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent sales orientation and customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to change focus quickly to meet business needs
- Ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop teammates
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in an automotive shop environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.