Commercial Outside Sales Representative
- Orlando, FL, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Commercial Outside Sales Representative is responsible for growing, managing and executing a client’s business plan using the provided tools, methods, and processes in order to achieve maximum client satisfaction, sales and profitability.
- Develop and successfully execute a personal sales plan to retain current and obtain new commercial tire account business
- Develop and implement client business plans to aid the Store in exceeding its annual sales goals
- Facilitate clear and open communications between clients and Store operations on requests, concerns, safety awareness, order/service fulfillment, etc.
- Manage and execute client account analysis, prepare and present client proposals/quotes, provide additional reporting requirements or respond to special client projects
- Perform fleet inspections at client sites and make recommendations for services to meet client needs and objectives
- Track and document regular updates on daily work and client activity in Telenotes according to Monro’s policy and procedures
- Keep current with industry changes in products and services and maintain comprehensive knowledge of Monro’s offerings and client base
- Responsible for fully understanding competitive developments, and effectively convey Monro’s value proposition vs. competitors to current and potential clients
- Responsible for working with Collections Admin to ensure assigned customers are paying in a timely manner and any disputes are quickly and satisfactorily resolved
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding required sales growth and profit margin within designated sales territory
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Commercial Outside Sales Representative is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Commercial Store Manager
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 3 years business to business sales experience, or a minimum of 3 years Retail Tire Store customer service experience; commercial tire industry sales experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to project a positive image of the company to customers, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external customers
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple priorities to meet established deadlines and goals
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, as well as effectively contribute within a team environment
- Strong sales orientation and customer focus
- Results oriented to meet or achieve sales goals
- Basic computer skills
- Frequent travel required
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in an automotive shop environment with visits to client sites. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry and move merchandise up to 100 lbs. without assistance
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling while performing fleet inspections
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.