Credit and Collections Hotline Representative
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Credit and Collections Hotline Representative supports the Credit and Collections team in handling a high volume of incoming calls from stores and customers, responding to various inquiries for information. This position is responsible for delivering exceptional 5 Star service by identifying, assessing and responding to customer/store needs and providing accurate, valid and complete information timely and effectively.
Answer incoming phone calls from stores and customers while adhering to pre-established guidelines when responding to inquiries for information consisting of:
- Invoice and statement copy requests
- Requests for approval of work for accounts on hold
- Matching paperwork to store requests prior to issuing authorization for Lease Plan, Simple Tires, Goodyear and other accounts
- Provide W-9, delivery receipt and sales tax forms
- Acquire all needed information from customers wanting to make credit card payments and obtain approvals as needed
- Provide customers and stores with the status of new credit applications
- Work closely with the Credit and Collections team to ensure approvals are granted appropriately
- Determine the appropriate department and route calls that are not handled directly by the Credit and Collections/AR department
- Establish and maintain interactive communication with teammates and customers to ensure needs are being met accurately and timely in order to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Credit and Collections Hot Line Representative is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Credit Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six months of customer service experience (Collection experience or Call Center experience preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak effectively to customers and teammates; strong call handling skills including exceptional active listening ability
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Basic math skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact with diverse personalities
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer and extensive phone usage. Position requires ability to see, read, hear, and speak.
- Ability to work until 6:00pm, occasional evenings and occasional weekends.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.