- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Equipment Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day, troubleshooting and diagnosing of wheel service equipment throughout the chain. The coordinators main objective is to keep the stores equipment in operation in the quickest, safest, and most cost-effective manner possible. By utilizing their skills, they help troubleshoot over the phone and company email store equipment issues and, if possible, advise the stores on simple repairs or maintenance in order to reduce downtime and costs. When necessary, the coordinator will dispatch work orders to 3rd party vendors for service, parts, and new equipment.
- Dispatch vendors and/or in-house maintenance staff for equipment repair at stores.
- Review of equipment vendor and/or service provider estimates and make recommendations for approval up to a certain dollar amount.
- Receive, document service requests, and conduct follow-ups with Store and District Managers.
- Receive and approve parts and supply requests up to a predetermined threshold;
- Process approved parts and supply requests
- Review and approve all store equipment service requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Equipment Coordinator is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Director of Facilities.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of facilities/equipment experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of one year of Customer Service experience highly desired.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of wheel service equipment types
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.