Retirement Benefits Manager
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Retirement Benefits Manager is responsible for participating in the design, implementation, and administration of Monro’s retirement benefit programs. This position works closely with the benefit vendors to ensure that plans meet employee needs and is following all related laws, regulations and statutes.
• Manage team responsible for responding to benefits inquiries from corporate and field personnel
• Manage plan implementations, vendor changes, enhancements, new legislation changes, and special projects specific to each plan within identified timelines; Review legal plan documents, SMMs or summary plan description (SPD), vendor plan documentation and requirements, and communicate plan changes to internal stakeholders
• Responsible for ensuring benefit partners are delivering on their service level commitments
• Responsible for management of all internal and 3rd party relationships including vendors, pension plan actuary, trustee, outside auditors, financial consultants, fulfillment vendor, and lines of business for the 401(k), pension, deferred compensation, stock purchase, and equity plans
• Review and finalize annual projects (5500s, PBGC, Annual Funding Notice, Summary Annual Report, etc.) for approval
• Review and approve the 401(k) and Stock Purchase Plan payroll deduction remit reporting and reconciliations; and prepare any 401k or pension invoices for payment to be paid via Plan Assets
• Review and approve pension plan estimate and retirement paperwork and final signoff for pension payments submitted to trustee for payment
• Handle all employment and benefits related issues for Executive team members
• Serve as a liaison between plan participants and the plan administrators to resolve participant issues working with internal business partners as needed; works with Legal to file necessary VCPs
• Provide ongoing analysis regarding the efficacy of the various plans and preparing and presenting recommendations for improvement to leadership and Committees
• Lead all aspects of the data integrity, adherence to, and updates to the Summary Plan Descriptions and the Plan Documents; Maintain benefit administration records for all retirement benefits programs and coordinate teammate eligibility and administration
• Manage the development and distribution of employee benefit communications
• Participates in the due diligence process related to acquisitions
• Participate in Benefit committee meetings by supporting the agenda items and tracking the committee’s recommendations and actions
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Retirement Benefits Manager is responsible for managing a team responsible in the administration all retirement related benefits and operates under the general direction of Director, Total Rewards.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources, Business Administration preferred) and a minimum of 5 years retirement administration experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain retirement plan options in easily understood terms
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize to meet project deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of benefits regulations including Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, Deferred Compensation, Stock Purchase Plans, Restricted Stock, ERISA, PPA, and SOX regulations
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and advanced Excel skills with the ability to create complex spreadsheets to analyze and audit data (i.e. Pivot Tables, Macros, nested IF formulas, ability to create graphs and charts, etc.) with the ability to learn new and existing company software
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collect and interpret data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and is attentive to detail
• Ability to gather, disseminate and present information in a logical and professional manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff in areas of expertise
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent customer service skills, including exceptional phone etiquette
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training and curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of your career.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.