- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Recruiter is responsible for contributing to the success of Monro’s recruitment and staffing strategies. The Recruiter will source, identify, and screen candidates to present to hiring managers.
• Guide hiring managers through the requisition process to facilitate a new hire
• Post openings using online venues, with professional organizations, job boards, and in other position-appropriate venues
• Review and track resumes through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
• Serve as a resource to hiring managers through the interview process to ensure a welcoming process for candidates
• Partner with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to proactively develop recruitment strategies. Create job postings, research, and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
• Build networks to grow pipeline of qualified active and passive candidates
• Communicate, plan, and actively support recruiting programs including job fairs and school events
• In partnership with HR Business Partners and hiring managers, conduct workforce planning to understand and plan for future field operations requirements
• Analyze existing process for continuous improvement and makes appropriate recommendations
• Stay current on Monro’s organization structure, human resources policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Responsible for achieving and maintaining key KPI performance results
• Performs other duties as assigned
The Recruiter is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Recruiting Team Lead.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience recruiting in a high-volume, multi-unit, multi-state environment preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient with applicant tracking systems and other onboarding related software
• Strong analytical skills to determine insights from recruiting metrics and raw data
• Experience using social media and business networking tools (LinkedIn, etc.) in support of recruitment strategies
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn and become proficient with new and existing company specific software applications
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly to meet business needs within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with candidates and all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail
• Strong customer focus and consistently performs with a sense of urgency
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.