HR Administrative Assistant
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The HR Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support for the various functions within the Human Resources Department.
• Respond to HR inquiries for information both internally and externally or triage to the appropriate areas for follow up
• Prepare and distribute internal and external correspondence
• Perform various mail merges and distribute notices (e.g., termination notices)
• Generate reports and distribute to recipients according to established schedule
• Scan incoming DOL/BLS survey requests and distribute to HRIS team
• Scan incoming DOL Unemployment Claims and provide to team
• Print, scan, and mail various correspondence as necessary (e.g., Patriot Act letters, Leave Exhaustion notices, retirement packages)
• Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, and send follow-up materials
• Perform office tasks including maintaining files, scanning, copying, and data entry
• May serve as back-up or rotation for front desk receptionist
• Perform other duties as assigned
The HR Administrative Assistant is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of Director, Human Resources.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years in a Human Resource related position, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels within the company
• Ability to maintain a high level of concentration in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment to meet established deadlines
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, formulas, macros) and Word; ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
• Working knowledge of basic office equipment (copiers, fax machines, etc.)
• Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and is attentive to detail
• Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Possess a commitment to excellent customer service for internal and external customers
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.