Customer Service Representative
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,200 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 30 states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for delivering exceptional 5 Star service to Monro’s guests by answering incoming calls and responding timely and effectively to inquiries, complaints and providing issue resolution.
- Resolve guest complaints via phone, email, mail and social media
- Document and maintain complaint information on database
- Process refunds, send correspondence to guests, audit paperwork, and maintain refund files
- Collaborate with other Departments to provide support in all areas of guest service
- Consistently meet or exceed personal and team KPI’s
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Customer Service Representative is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Director, Guest Service.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of customer service experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak effectively to guest and management in person or over the phone
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong guest service skills with the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints
- Ability to calculate basic figures such as discounts, interest, and commissions including applying concepts of basic algebra
- Working knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in a call center environment.
- Flexibility required to work evenings, rotating Saturdays and rotating holidays
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
- The position requires extensive phone usage and requires the ability to see, hear, and speak.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.