Accounts Payable Analyst
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1000 company-owned locations operating as Monro Muffler/Brake stores, Mr. Tire® Auto Service Centers, The Tire Choice, Ken Towery’s Tire and Autocare, TreadQuarters® Discount Tire stores, Autotire Car Care Centers and Tire Warehouse. We service over three million cars each year in the US in 25 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Accounts Payable Analyst assists the Accounts Payable Supervisor in the supervision of the Accounts Payable department.
• Analyze vendor accounts and reconcile with vendor statements
• Assist in monthly closing, including completing monthly reporting for the executive officers of the company
• Perform as the lead person for Monro’s EDI system identifying issue and process improvements
• Maintain accounts payable files
• Prepare analysis of accounts as required
• Perform data entry of invoice information into AS400 system
• Process weekly check runs
• Assist with special projects, as necessary
• Help coordinate job activities
• Check and approve vouchers for payment
• Answer vendor inquiries
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Accounts Payable Analyst assists with the supervision of three to four Accounts Payable Assistants and operates under the direction of the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree in Accounting preferred) with a minimum of 3 years accounting or accounts payable experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Working knowledge of accounting or accounts payable
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Basic mathematical skills
• Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
Ability to work one Saturday per month and occasional evenings.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.