Senior Internal Audit Supervisor
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for overseeing Monro’s audit plan to ensure compliance with SOX as required by public companies. This position will also be involved with assessing the adequacy and operating effectiveness of processes with the goal of creating efficiencies that add value to Monro and optimize the overall internal control structure.
- Evaluate Monro’s financial statement risk assessment
- Develop/review audit programs and audit workpapers; ensure that relevant audit assertions are addressed in testing
- Perform testing of the more complex/high risk areas; monitor timely completion of SOX testing
- Maintain accurate risk control matrices and ensure correlation with the narrative documentation and test plans
- Determine the cause of audit exceptions and remediate deficiencies
- Ensure quality of work including good self-review techniques and thorough documentation to support audit conclusions
- Develop recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies
- Utilize queries, robotic process, and SOX automation software to facilitate audit, reporting, and continuous monitoring
- Communicate timely with the department manager when problematic issues or potential exceptions arise to promote transparency
- Perform off-site audits at stores and warehouses as needed Assist with other projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
This Internal Audit position oversees Monro’s SOX test plan in keeping Monro compliant with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act regarding the required assessment by management of the effectiveness of internal controls.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 5 years direct relevant experience (public accounting, public company, or Sarbanes-Oxley compliance preferred)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal audit principles
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy engaging self-review techniques
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information in an effective and concise manner to teammates and management
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the company
- Ability to balance a healthy level of skepticism with tact and diplomacy, yet with an assertive demeanor
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications (experience with business intelligence or data analytic software a plus)
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Supervisory experience preferred
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer. Occasional travel to Stores and Warehouses.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.