- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Equipment Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day, troubleshooting and diagnosing of wheel service equipment throughout the chain. The coordinators main objective is to keep the stores equipment in operation in the quickest, safest, and most cost-effective manner possible. By utilizing their skills, they help troubleshoot over the phone and company email store equipment issues and, if possible, advise the stores on simple repairs or maintenance in order to reduce downtime and costs. When necessary, the coordinator will dispatch work orders to 3rd party vendors for service, parts, and new equipment.
- Dispatch vendors and/or in-house maintenance staff for equipment repair at stores.
- Review of equipment vendor and/or service provider estimates and make recommendations for approval up to a certain dollar amount.
- Receive, document service requests, and conduct follow-ups with Store and District Managers.
- Receive and approve parts and supply requests up to a predetermined threshold;
- Process approved parts and supply requests
- Review and approve all store equipment service requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Equipment Coordinator is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Director of Facilities.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of facilities/equipment experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of one year of Customer Service experience highly desired.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of wheel service equipment types
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.