HR Systems Coordinator
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The HR Systems Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of organizational data through the thorough, accurate, and timely entering of all information related to new hires and various personnel changes into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This position is also a strong contributor to a positive onboarding experience by launching the necessary applications in a timely manner to move candidates successfully through the process.
- Maintain Monro’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) through data entry and data integrity audits and data management
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of all new hires, transfers, salary changes, promotions, demotions, terminations and status changes into the HRIS system; conduct regular audits of fellow Coordinator’s entries and ensure corrections are made as needed
- Work with Managers, Payroll, HR Business Partners and other HR teammates regarding questions about employee information
- Involved in the quality control testing of HRIS system upgrades
- Participate in process definition to improve efficiencies and data integrity; document and maintain HRIS system processes and procedures
- Assist teammates with questions pertaining to W4’s, address change, tax changes and other HRIS related inquiries
- Create electronic personnel files and ensure all pertinent personnel-related documentation is included within the file
- Produce and provide standard and ad hoc reports related to various HR metrics as requested and required
- Utilize the applicant tracking system (ATS) and other systems to obtain background check information, motor vehicle record reports (MVR), I-9 documentation, etc.
- Conduct regular audits associated with I-9 documentation ensuring accuracy and obtaining missing information where needed
- Provide regular status updates of candidate’s onboarding progress in the recruitment spreadsheet and applicant tracking system; provide status updates on personnel changes
- Send out offer letters and associated forms to the candidate
- Participate in internal and external audits by providing supporting documentation as requested
- Ensure Sox Compliance as it relates to the appropriate level of approvals received for requests to hire and changes forms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The HR Systems Coordinator is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Human Resource Director.
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of processing personnel transactions within an HRIS system and basic understanding of HR employment policies and procedures, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a high-volume, multi-unit, multi-state environment preferred.
SilkRoad applicant tracking system experience preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic knowledge of human resources employment policies and procedures to ensure integrity of data within the HRIS system
- Ability to key high-volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner within the HRIS system
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality and preserve data security
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple levels of the organization and team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly to meet business needs within a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, macros); ability to learn and become proficient with new and existing company specific software applications; ability to become proficient with the applicant tracking system and other onboarding related Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to recommend practical decisions and solutions
- Strong customer focus and consistently performs with a sense of urgency
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.