Accounts Payable Assistant
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Accounts Payable Assistant position is responsible for processing all Store requests for tire inventory purchases and for processing the invoices associated with those orders.
- Process all inventory requests from the stores via a web-based system and/or phone
- Place orders with Monro’s inventory vendors based on Store requests
- Process vendor invoices in a timely manner to utilize cash discounts
- Create a purchase order/receiver in the company’s inventory system (JDA) to be transmitted electronically to the stores
- Reconcile vendor’s invoice to the purchase order/receiver and investigate any discrepancies (cost or quantity related)
- Work closely with the Inventory Department to ensure accuracy of receivers and/or vendor invoices
- Perform daily data entry of invoice information into database
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Accounts Payable Assistant is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Tire Group Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate’s Degree in Accounting a plus) and a minimum of 6 months customer service experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in fast-paced environment, manage a high volume of requests, and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak effectively and professionally to both guests or teammates over the phone and/or email
- Ability to key high-volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner
- Basic math skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Table experience a plus), with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working a computer.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.