- Pensacola, FL, USA
$1000 Signing Bonus!!!
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Diesel Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of tire service and repair on commercial vehicles in-house and on the road. This position also performs basic routine vehicle services and repairs on trucks and other vehicles at the tire center.
• Respond to fleet service calls in a timely manner utilizing a company vehicle
• Perform tire services/repair on a variety of wheel types – dismounting, balancing, patch/plug repairs, changing, mounting, installation and TPMS service and repair
• Inspect tires to identify tire repair and maintenance required; effectively and efficiently complete the repair in accordance with Monro standards of operation
• Perform basic routine vehicle services – perform lubrications, oil changes, basic maintenance (e.g.: bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements, etc.), battery testing and installations
• Maintain standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of tire center
• Receive, unload and stock tires and related products
• Adhere to all company and regulatory safety procedures and guidelines, including the use of protective safety equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Diesel Technician is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Store Manager
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three months of technician or tire related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and produce quality work
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and effectively as part of a team
• Ability to learn new processes
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a Commercial Tire Center facility. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Must be able to lift and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Ability to safely use all machinery required in the tire repair and basic service repair process
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity! At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.