Director of Talent Acquisition
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for acquiring talent for Monro, Inc. This includes the overall strategy for recruitment, hands-on management of recruitment providing support, alignment, and leadership with the field organization as well as for the Store Support Center. In addition to the management of the Zone Recruiting Managers, Recruiters, and Recruiting Coordinators, this position also oversees the hiring function in the management of the HR Systems Coordinators.
- Develop and lead TA team members to continue to grow their careers and enhance their skills.
- Responsible for developing and managing the talent acquisition policies and processes, including job postings, recruitment strategies, and the hiring and onboarding processes.
- Develop effective talent acquisition strategies to attract diverse top candidates.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to include EEO guidelines.
- Partner with peers and stakeholders to develop and deliver interview skills training.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and evaluating new recruitment tools and technology.
- Oversee and review all aspects of the job requisition, job posting, offer process to include offer approvals, pre-boarding, offer letters, negotiations, etc.
- Manage the employment branding and social media recruiting strategy for potential teammates (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) alongside HR Team and Company communications. Utilize social media as a tool to increase recruitment effectiveness while reducing costs.
- Provide a focus to the Candidate Experience lifecycle – from how we articulate the employment brand for the Company, to candidate outreach, through the employment lifecycle, onboarding strategy and execution.
- Manage and oversee the onboarding process and support the HR Systems Coordinators to ensure the automated hiring process is measured and held accountable for delivering a professional candidate experience.
- Oversee the new hire orientation plans for all Support Center new hires and update as necessary to ensure a positive first impression.
- Analyze the hiring process and make process improvements to ensure hiring metrics are achieved. Create reporting metrics for time and cost to hire, average time for each new hire step, and track progress/metrics to provide regular updates using Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to manage requisitions, candidates, etc.
The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for managing the Recruiting Team responsible for sourcing, assessing, interviewing, and hiring talent for Monro, Inc., and operates under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, human resources, or related field.
- 10 or more years’ experience in human resources with a focus in talent acquisition. Retail HR experience is preferred for a large organization (5,000+ employees).
- 5 or more years’ experience managing a large team both in-person and remote.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be detailed-oriented, motivated, self-starter, with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Experience integrating social media applications for talent acquisition.
- Ability to explain complex information in clear, concise terms (above average written and verbal communication skills).
- Experience working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Collaborative team member with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, group, process and meeting facilitation, and networking.
- Serve as an internal resource providing coaching and consultation to Operations staff.
- Proven understanding of the complexities of managing recruitment in a dispersed workforce.
- Strong sourcing skills with demonstrated success in networking or building pipelines as well as candidate assessment skills.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, and judgment skills.
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to handle confidential information with professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to manage the pre-boarding process and new employee orientation process.
- Able to create and deliver effective presentations to key stakeholders and the senior leadership team.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity! At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.