Sales and Customer Service Associate
- 6600 N Baltimore Ave, Portland, OR 97203, USA
In 1993, a simple but remarkable concept took root in Portland, Oregon. That concept was to handcraft superior chocolates – chocolates that would not only taste exquisite, but that would look exceptional, as well. The result would be a chocolate indulgence for all the senses.
From that initial idea grew Moonstruck Chocolate Company, where to this day we still handcraft each piece, using only the finest ingredients. We pair our own decadent chocolate with fresh flavors found in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, and then hand-decorate each piece with intricate care.
It all makes for a chocolate experience without compare, and we invite you to share in that experience yourself. It is our sincere hope that you enjoy savoring each Moonstruck Chocolatier delicacy as much as we enjoyed creating it.
This position is responsible for supporting Moonstruck Outside and Online Sales and intermediate Retail Sales by providing proactive customer service for all internal and external accounts.
Pay Rate: 15.50 - 17.00 an hour, full time
• Responsible for delivering timely and comprehensive customer service on a daily basis
• Process wholesale and corporate customer orders accurately and efficiently as assigned
• Contact customers to obtain missing information or to answer queries
• Provide customer service to online order placement and error management
• Process online orders
• Maintain and update sales and customer records
• Manage the Moonstruck Info email inbox
• Provide support to inbound callers
• Manage Moonstruck Customer Service voicemail
• Provide support and coverage for the Front Desk Reception and Lobby Business at regular intervals and at flexible times as needed; minimum of 30 minutes per work day
• Process wholesale credit card authorizations
• Process credit memos
• Develop a deep understanding of the company, brand, products and offerings
• Provide backup support in managing the Moonstruck Ordering email inbox
• Process Sales team sample order requests
• Liaise with Shipping department to ensure timely delivery and customer communication
• Cross-train with others on Sales Administration support as needed
• Cross-train with others on Retail Sales support as needed
• Engage in training opportunities on Moonstruck systems and operations
• Participate in sales events internal and external as needed
• Work within Sales team to support all directed initiatives
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Record of superior customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to act with a “customer comes first” attitude and deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface throughout the day. Will require climbing of stairs to reach other departments within the building throughout the day.
- Within own department: Constant, frequent contact
- Outside own department: Constant, frequent contact
- Customer: Constant, frequent contact
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Moonstruck Chocolate is an equal opportunity employer. We value, honor, and promote diversity in our employment practices.