Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe Assistant Store Manager
- Portland, OR
In 1993, a simple but remarkable concept took root in Portland, Oregon. That concept was to handcraft superior chocolates – chocolates that would not only taste exquisite, but that would look exceptional, as well. The result would be a chocolate indulgence for all the senses.
From that initial idea grew Moonstruck Chocolate Company, where to this day we still handcraft each piece, using only the finest ingredients. We pair our own decadent chocolate with fresh flavors found in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, and then hand-decorate each piece with intricate care.
It all makes for a chocolate experience without compare, and we invite you to share in that experience yourself. It is our sincere hope that you enjoy savoring each Moonstruck Chocolatier delicacy as much as we enjoyed creating it.
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Manager contributes to Moonstruck’s success by assisting the Store Manager in executing store sales and operational goals. This position assists and supervises a team of Associates and Shift Leads to create and maintain the “Moonstruck Experience” for our customers. The candidate is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Moonstruck’s high standards and guiding principles.
- Models a “customer comes first” attitude, delivers legendary customer service, and supervises Associates to ensure they are also delivering legendary customer service.
- Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the shift team to achieve sales and operational goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge to promote the vision, values, and goals of Moonstruck.
- Maintains and models a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events and moves on immediately after to keep store operating to standard and to set an example for the shift or team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the store financials. Helps to achieve the store’s operational goals by driving sales and keeping expenses in line.
- Focuses on directing the team to increase store sales.
- Supports the Store Manager in implementing company programs by working directly with the shift team to execute action plans that meet sales, operational and organizational objectives.
- Implements and manages training activities in support of developing highly motivated team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge and engages in conversation with customers to understand the customer needs and the needs of the community in which the store exists.
- Provides direction to the team during their shift to maintain the appropriate operations of the store.
- Fosters a positive store culture and strong sense of team within the store staff.
- Leads the staff and encourages development of individual strengths and improvement on individual opportunities.
- Communicates ideas to the Store Manager for broader areas of improvement.
- Communicates clear, concise and accurate information to staff and Store Manager.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
- Timely and relevant communication with corporate staff, employees and customers.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in the retail, hospitality or restaurant industry.
- Experience managing, training, and motivating a team of 6-12 sales associates.
- Ability to resolve concerns from customers and associates.
- Receive and maintain food and safety certification in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Chocolate and coffee (barista) knowledge a plus, but not required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.