Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe Store Manager
- Portland, OR
In 1993, a simple but remarkable concept took root in Portland, Oregon. That concept was to handcraft superior chocolates – chocolates that would not only taste exquisite, but that would look exceptional, as well. The result would be a chocolate indulgence for all the senses.
From that initial idea grew Moonstruck Chocolate Company, where to this day we still handcraft each piece, using only the finest ingredients. We pair our own decadent chocolate with fresh flavors found in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, and then hand-decorate each piece with intricate care.
It all makes for a chocolate experience without compare, and we invite you to share in that experience yourself. It is our sincere hope that you enjoy savoring each Moonstruck Chocolatier delicacy as much as we enjoyed creating it.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, driving, achieving, and focusing on sales plans and objectives, training and developing all staff, as well as establishing relationships within the local community. This position contributes to Moonstruck’s success by leading a team to create and maintain the “Moonstruck Experience” for our customers and team members.
- LEADERSHIP: Set the goals for the café team, develop organizational capability, and model how we work together
- Manage store staff with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the vision, values, and goals of Moonstruck Chocolate Company.
- Implement and manage sales training activities in support of developing a highly motivated team that achieves and exceeds all sales goals, while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Train and delegate appropriate activities to café staff members.
- Provide coaching and direction to staff members.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Modeling and training staff to provide our customers with world-class customer service.
- Constantly models the 5 step Moonstruck Experience and ensures that all staff is well trained in customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates the steps in the mystery shop program.
- Solicit customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
- MEETING CAFÉ GOALS: Demonstrates the ability to achieve goals set for the café.
- Manage and monitor café staffing schedules to ensure that the café is appropriately staffed to meet the needs of our customer traffic. Daily activities include assigning duties to employees and scheduling break periods, work hours, and vacations.
- Orchestrate the role of Floor Manager to control product freshness and quality, and to act as a role model for adherence to Moonstruck’s quality, visual, and performance standards.
- Monitor café staffing levels to ensure customer service and profitability.
- Provide functional expertise and execute functional responsibilities.
- Use all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence.
- Regularly utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in café performance.
- Ensure café meets cash flow and sales budgets through sound fiscal management.
- Evaluate monthly income statements and implement action plans to improve performance.
- SALES: Maintaining a constant focus on driving sales in the café to achieve and exceed goals of the store.
- Develop and maintain in store sales techniques to drive higher ticket averages.
- Develop unique ways to drive sales through events, community activities, and co-marketing opportunities.
- COMMUNICATION: Demonstrate excellence and accuracy in all communications.
- Excellence in communication with staff, customers, and corporate departments. Utilize existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and use discretion to filter communications to the café team. Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Timely and relevant communication with corporate staff, employees, and customers.
- PRODUCT AND JOB KNOWLEDGE: Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding job requirements and company products.
- Can communicate and train on the nuances of our product.
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly articulate each product in our classic and seasonal lines.
- Continually increase job knowledge of self and direct reports.
- CAFÉ OPERATIONS: Develops strategic and operational plans for the work group, manages the execution, and measures results.
- Control stock levels and cost of goods, and conduct regularly scheduled inventories.
- Maintain quality and integrity of all products. Manager is responsible for ensuring all products are within code date.
- Administer health and safety guidelines for all food handling.
- Ensure proper functioning of all café equipment. Take appropriate measures to have equipment fixed when not operating properly.
- HR REQUIRMENTS: Follows all Human Resource requirements and stays up to date on all changes.
- Execute timely performance and pay reviews gaining commitment to performance goals.
- Ensure all wage and hour laws are in compliance for all exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Maintaining the master item and price file system for the café. This includes but is not limited to performing routine administrative duties such as adding new employees into the system.
- Takes steps for personal and professional development.
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Four years progressively responsible retail, hospitality, or restaurant industry experience, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience managing, training, and motivating a team of 10-12 sales associates.
- Ability to direct and monitor training and development for all Café personnel.
- Ability to resolve concerns from customers and associates.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and respect at all levels of the organization.
- Food and Health Safety certification in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Passion and excitement for our brand and products.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Exceptional sales and operational skills in a customer-service environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Organization and planning skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of sales techniques.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.