- Boston, MA
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries is a dynamic and growing $33 million not-for-profit organization. Goodwill’s mission is to help individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
The Material Handler works in the Distribution Center and may be assigned to one of three departments. Material Handlers are responsible for physically moving items, such as, but not limited to hampers, bins & racks of textiles or wares goods, heavier items such as electronic equipment, furniture, baled textiles and storage boxes. Material Handlers may unload trailers of donated goods and property, separating them according to department, and loading processed goods onto outbound store delivery trailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Unloads donated goods from trailers received at the loading dock.
- Creates space in loading location for incoming raw donations
- Separates goods according to the department they are designated for.
- Monitors & maintains work stations to full capacity with raw donations as needed all day.
- Delivers goods to designated areas.
- Records weight of materials and number of hampers unloaded by site location.
- Sets up empty trailers with proper equipment needed for each trailer.
- Moves all furniture donated to the Harrison Store area.
- Processes all cardboard boxes for recycling.
- Pulls out processed raw donations designated to specific stores for driver pick up.
- Empties all production lines trash barrels & hampers all day as needed.
- Empties all production lines clothes/shoes hampers daily as needed.
- Helps production lines with heavier items to process.
- Swaps out Gaylords in each production line as needed daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read and write at a basic level.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
TO APPLY, CLICK ON LINK BELOW OR CUT AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER:
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer.