Non profit Creative Director
- Vancouver, Canada
Morningstar Interactive (www.mstar.io) develops mobile apps, digital media, and web apps to support environmentally and socially positive projects. We specialize in the non-profit, environmental, and public sectors. Our offices are in Kelowna and Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're looking for a creative director to manage the creative and content sides of one of our non-profit projects: the Agents of Nature mobile app (www.agentsofnature.com). This app is basically a video game that runs entirely outdoors that is hopefully both fun and (gasp) educational.
You will be doing these things:
- Writing all content for the app's missions, including educational challenges and stories
- Coordinating all of the app's assets, including audio and artwork, with relevant staff members
- Liaising with mission site partners (typically parks people and educators) to get content approved and solicit feedback
- Developing and assisting to implement an overall non-profit marketing plan for the project as it expands into the U.S.
- Helping to refine and implement the next major feature set for the app
- Working with the sales and design teams to make creative marketing materials
- Traveling to sites (primarily around California) in order to take photos, meet with partners, and create content "on the ground".
- Interest in mobile apps and video games
- Creative writing skills
- Strong facility with computers (beyond being proficient with Microsoft Word. Everyone is.)
- Passion for environmental education and non-profit projects
- Comfortable delivering presentations and interacting with clients
- Good people skills (cats aren't people)
- A personality that makes you always want to improve things
- Experience in working with technology in some capacity (be it web, apps, games, IT, etc.)
- Strong organizational/coordination abilities
- A few years of experience and/or a post-secondary degree in a field that you deem relevant
- If you don't feel you have enough experience please still feel free to apply. We are willing to train the right person.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with mobile app or video game development
- Web development
- Graphic design
- Video/audio editing
- Reliable access to Fun Dip and/or Big League Chew, because both of those things are things that people in the office enjoy.
- Being one of those social media people
While the Agents of Nature project will be your primary responsibility, it is possible that at times there will be a lull in things to do. When that's the case, we'll have you working in a similar capacity on other Morningstar projects, non-profit and otherwise.
We offer competitive pay and benefits. This is a full time position out of our Vancouver office that will begin in early January.
Please submit a resume along with a creative writing sample.
Thanks so much for your interest!