Construction Crew Lead
- Muskogee, OK, United States
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Crew Lead assists the Crew Foreman in constructing quality building projects that are profitable and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position helps create a construction team that promotes a positive attitude, develops an atmosphere for setting and meeting goals and strives to achieve company objectives. This position offers the potential for career advancement.
- Keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building
- Read, understand and build according to construction plans
- The Lead efficiently executes tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Provide the construction expertise, organizational and communication skills necessary to complete quality building projects profitably
- The Lead, in addition to the Crew Foreman, provides leadership for the crew in all aspects of the building construction process
- Assist in the technical training and re-training of crew members, including new hires, to ensure they are fully trained and follow all safety and construction procedures
- Assist in establishing healthy workplace environments that are safe, organized, productive and enjoyable
- Help promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect among fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Help create a positive team that enthusiastically works to achieve the objectives of the crew, the local construction center and the entire company.
- The Lead assists in ensuring a positive construction experience for the customer
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in building construction is required
- Carpentry, framing, post-frame construction, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Applicant must hold a Class A CDL license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of being hired
- Desire to obtain OSHA 10-hour, Equipment Operation and Competent Person Certifications once hired
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership
- Participate in and lead our formal training programs
- Ability to measure human productivity and improve effectiveness
- Embrace accountability and ownership
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule (6am to 6pm) that will include Saturdays during peak construction periods
- Ability to take direction
- Produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Agree to comply with all of our safety processes and procedures
- Willingness to maintain and operate construction tools in a safe and proper manner
- Ability to operate specialized safety equipment efficiently and effectively
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- Possess good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- This position requires 20% travel, which includes overnight travel possibly up to two weeks at a time.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Bonus incentives for building in efficient manner
- Training bonus
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Salary is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour based on experience plus bonus potential.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.