Tela Handler Operator
- Mattoon, IL, United States
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
Our Tela Handler Operator will utilize different pieces of equipment to assist building process. This position needs to understand and monitor the building schedule for several projects in order to appropriately schedule and deploy the applicable equipment.
Our Tela Handler Operator can be based out of Atkinson, Streator, Watseka, Rochelle, Morton or Mattoon, IL locations.
• Coordinate with local construction crews to schedule appropriate equipment (Scissor Truck, Digger Truck and Tela-Handler) for designated projects.
• Coordinate scheduling of future projects based upon construction backlog.
• Use construction plans to verify project specifics and best use of equipment.
• Adhere to all safety procedures for the designated piece of equipment.
• Report all safety violations in writing to Area Crew Supervisor, Regional Manager, and safety personnel.
• Maintain appropriate maintenance schedule per fleet vendor guidelines.
• Keep DOT log book up to date at all times.
• Complete and submit appropriate paperwork as required and in a timely manner
o Weekly DOT log.
o Internal documentation required per job.
o Applicable expense reports.
o Monthly vehicle report with supporting documentation.
• Ability to work with local construction crews on construction projects when no projects are scheduled for the equipment.
• Travel is required to support multi-office region but could be required to support other Morton offices outside of that region.
• Individual must be willing to travel overnight up to 2-3 times per week with some weeks travel being entirely local (within an hour and a half).
- Individual must possess general construction knowledge.
- Maintain an active Class A CDL license with airbrake endorsements and appropriate licensing to operate standard/manual transmissions.
- Must be able to comply with our safety equipment’s 300 lb. weight limit.
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet).
- Knowledge and skills needed to operate heavy equipment.
- Experience with light equipment maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to work well independently and demonstrate the ability to follow a pre-determined job schedule.
- Established organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen. Along with a DOT physical and drug screen.