Family Nurse Practitioner-PRN
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Rifle and Black Hawk Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.”
Position Purpose: To provide primary health care services including general and preventive medical care. The PRN provider will cover when primary care providers are absent. On average this will be 1 day per week of clinic days and the occational primary care provider vacation.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients, including performing history and physical exams and prescribing therapy; managing acute, chronic, and preventive care; and referring for hospital and specialty services. These services are provided under a supervising physician.
- Reads X-rays (initial interpretation), interprets laboratory results, results of outside tests and reports from outside consultants.
- Makes competent health care diagnosis and treatment decisions with appropriate consultation with other clinic staff.
- Provides or supervises patient information and education.
- Assists in establishing guidelines for management of patients in collaboration with provider and nursing staff.
- Assists in monitoring the quality of laboratory, X-ray and other clinic services.
- Provides input to the Health Care Plan, clinic improvement activities and the site team.
- Works with the management team to improve clinic productivity and to enhance the cost-effectiveness of health services.
- Assists in the Quality Improvement program and development and implement quality guidelines and peer review.
- Attends clinical and organizational meetings including clinic staff meetings, site team meetings, provider meetings, and All-Staff meetings. Attends additional meetings as assigned by the Medical Director, including but not limited to: P&T, Quality, Collaborative and JCAHO committees.
- Assists other staff to comply with any special conditions of grant awards, rules, regulations or laws.
- Assists in establishing guidelines for management of patients
- Provides triage services after hours as required by the site’s on-call schedule and assists in provider coverage for unanticipated leave.
- Assists with in-service training programs.
- Adheres to the infection control policies and procedures.
- Embraces the mission, vision and values of the Board of Directors of Mountain Family Health Centers
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Registered Nurse, Medical Assistant or any other health personnel when FNP is the senior-ranked health care Provider on site.
- Masters degree in Nursing.
- Certification by the American Nurses’ Association as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
- Current Colorado medical license required.
- Minimum Three (3) years in a family practice setting preferred.
- ACLS Certification preferred; BLS required.
- Working knowledge of equipment typically used at the Health Centers.
- Ability to work independently in professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, insurance entities and others
- Able to work an average of one day per week and covervacation of other providers
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Employment contingent on being free of active tuberculosis. This position requires yearly tuberculosis testing.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 35 pounds.
- Essential to have ability to hear routine conversations.
- Requires movement from room to room.
- Requires periods of standing and walking while seeing patients.
- Requires sufficient near vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
- Essential to have ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, twist and reach.
- Essential to have ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
- This position has an O.S.H.A. classification of Category 1: All procedures or other job-related tasks involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of these fluids.
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
Hiring Wage Range $47-$49/HR