Family Practitioner, MD or DO, FNP or PA Full-time or Part-time
- Basalt, CO
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Rifle and Black Hawk Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.”
Mountain Family Health Centers is a federally funded community health center based in Glenwood Springs, Colorado with satellite clinics in Rifle, Basalt, Edwards, and Blackhawk. We serve 13,000 patients in total in those 5 clinics, estimated to increase to 15,000 by the end of this year. We take all insurance, but generally serve the underserved with a significant portion of our population either uninsured or on Medicaid. About half of our patients are Spanish speakers, but we have a large number of staff who are bilingual and can serve as interpreters. The patient population in Basalt of about 2000 and are expecting significant growth this year.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Doctor who supports the Mountain Family mission to start in August or September of this year (but could potentially accommodate July if that was desired). The position is full time—5 days/week, 8 hours per day—in our satellite clinic in Basalt. There would be an option for part-time 4days/week if that was desired. Call would be every 5th week at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs and only covers peds, mainly newborns. There is no OB and no adult hospital call. Call coverage for outpatients ishandled separately and would not be a part of this job unless the individual wished to earn more money by taking phone call coverage. The Salary Range is 141K-154K/year depending on experience with an additional 15K per year for taking call. Higher pay may be considered for Spanish speaking skills. Additionally, our status as a CHC in an underserved area meets qualifications for both state and federal loan repayment programs. The clinic is well supported by an excellent nursing staff and bilingual MAs. The ideal candidate for this job is someone who is interested in serving the underserved and wants to live in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. Basalt is just 20 minutes from Aspen and all the cultural and recreational opportunities that it has to offe
- Makes competent health care diagnosis and treatment decisions.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients, including performing history, physical exams and prescribing therapy; managing acute, chronic, and preventive care; and referring for hospital and specialty services.
- Reads x-rays (initial interpretation), interprets laboratory results, outside test results and reports from outside consultants.
- Provides or supervises patient information or education.
- Assists in monitoring the quality of Laboratory, X-ray and other clinic services.
- Provides input to the Health Care Plan, clinic improvements activities and the site team.
- Supervises health care performed by family nurse practitioners and physician’s assistant, to include being available by telephone to provide back-up and information during normal office hours, when scheduled to work.
- Reviews and signs charts as preceptor for physician assistants within two weeks of the encounter in accordance with provisions of the Board of Medical Examiners.
- Assists in developing and monitoring guidelines for non-physician clinicians to use when physician in not on site.
- Assists in developing and implementing guidelines for after-hours coverage
- Assists other staff in complying with any special conditions of grant awards, rules, regulations or laws.
- Works with the management team to improve clinic productivity and to enhance the cost-effectiveness of health services.
- Assists in the Quality Improvement program, development and implementation of quality guidelines and peer review.
- Attends clinical and organizational meetings including clinic staff meetings, site team meetings, provider meetings and All-Staff meetings. Attends additional meetings as assigned by the Medical Director, including but not limited to: P&T, Quality Improvement, Collaborative and JCAHO committees.
- Assists other staff to comply with any special conditions of grant awards, rules, regulations or laws.
- Providers triage services after hours as required by the Site’s on-call schedule.
- Participates in the JCAHO process.
- Assists in provider coverage for unanticipated leave.
- Assists with in-service training programs.
- Adheres to the infection control policies and procedures.
- Embraces the mission, vision and values of the Board of Directors of Mountain Family Health Centers
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides clinical supervision to all mid-level providers, clinical support staff, and students as applicable.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Job contingent on being free of active tuberculosis. This job requires yearly tuberculosis testing, or if already PPD positive, yearly clinical assessment for active TB.
- Requires immunity to, or absence of susceptibility to, Hepatitis B.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 35 pounds.
- Essential to have ability to hear routine conversations.
- Requires periods of standing and walking while seeing patients.
- Requires movement from room to room.
- Sufficient near vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
- Essential to have ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
- O.S.H.A. Category 1: All procedures or other job-related tasks involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of these fluids.
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
- Graduation from an approved medical school.
- Satisfactory completion of a post-graduate training program and is Board-Eligible or Board-Certified by the American Board of physician’s specialty.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of medicine.
- Minimum three (3) years in a family practice setting preferred.
- ACLS Certification and BLS required.
- Working knowledge of equipment typically used at the Health Centers.
- Ability to work independently in professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet job requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members