Family Practitioner, MD or DO, FNP or PA Full-time or Part-time
- Basalt, CO
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Rifle and Black Hawk Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.”
Mountain Family Health Centers is a federally funded community health center based in Glenwood Springs, Colorado with satellite clinics in Rifle, Basalt, Edwards, and Blackhawk. We serve 13,000 patients in total in those 5 clinics, estimated to increase to 15,000 by the end of this year. We take all insurance, but generally serve the underserved with a significant portion of our population either uninsured or on Medicaid. About half of our patients are Spanish speakers, but we have a large number of staff who are bilingual and can serve as interpreters. The patient population in Basalt of about 2000 and are expecting significant growth this year.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Doctor who supports the Mountain Family mission to start in August or September of this year (but could potentially accommodate July if that was desired). The position is full time—5 days/week, 8 hours per day—in our satellite clinic in Basalt. There would be an option for part-time 4days/week if that was desired. Call would be every 5th week at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs and only covers peds, mainly newborns. There is no OB and no adult hospital call. Call coverage for outpatients ishandled separately and would not be a part of this job unless the individual wished to earn more money by taking phone call coverage. The Salary Range is 141K-154K/year depending on experience with an additional 15K per year for taking call. Higher pay may be considered for Spanish speaking skills. Additionally, our status as a CHC in an underserved area meets qualifications for both state and federal loan repayment programs. The clinic is well supported by an excellent nursing staff and bilingual MAs. The ideal candidate for this job is someone who is interested in serving the underserved and wants to live in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. Basalt is just 20 minutes from Aspen and all the cultural and recreational opportunities that it has to offer
- Graduation from an approved medical school.
- Satisfactory completion of a post-graduate training program and is Board-Eligible or Board-Certified by the American Board of physician’s specialty.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of medicine.
- Minimum three (3) years in a family practice setting preferred.
- ACLS Certification and BLS required.
- Working knowledge of equipment typically used at the Health Centers.
- Ability to work independently in professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet job requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members