Quality Improvement Officer
- Rifle, CO
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Rifle and Black Hawk Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.”
Support the Quality Improvement Director in
developing, assessing, monitoring, and evaluating performance improvement goals
for Mountain Family Health Centers; perform as a cross-functional team member
with providers, clinical support staff, and administration; coordinate and track all
tasks in support of the NCQA/PCMH preparation/application.
- Maintains and transmits to appropriate parties, records of all quality improvement activities
- Coordinates and facilitates all quality improvement activities
- Collects data pertinent to quality improvement activities
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Develops and maintains familiarity with the requirements for NCQA recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) through consultation with other health centers, participation in CMS demonstration project and CCHN PCMH project
- Maintains tracking process for MFHC policies and procedures to assure regular review and revision of documents
- Maintains log of staff notification of changes and/or additions to policies and procedures
- Works with the Quality Improvement Director to complete all reporting requirements as required by MFHC QI program, UDS report, VFC program, Meaningful Use program, Women’s Wellness Connection Program, Komen program, other grant funding requiring reporting of quality measures, and any other reporting required
- Works in conjunction with Risk Management on any potential risk issues
- Works with Compliance Office (QI Director) to identify compliance issues
- Conducts site and medical record reviews as directed
- Maintains confidentiality of peer review or other related information
- Travels to all MFHC sites as needed to complete quality improvement activities and/or support clinical support staff in completion of QI activities
- Prepares and coordinates with the QI Chair the agenda, minutes, documents for QI Team meetings;
- Works with Quality Improvement Director to complete on-site audits and facilitate records reviews by external agencies
- Assists in facilitating the education of staff and providers on Quality Improvement measures and requirements for PCMH recognition
- Maintains an electronic database of organizational policies and procedures
- Embraces the mission, vision and values of the Board of Directors of MFHC
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a clinical practice field (such as nursing, EMT, lab tech, radiology tech), or in an ambulatory care management position.
- Previous experience with the development and implementation of healthcare organizational policies and procedures preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information essential.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information and to present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, insurance entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Requires long periods of sitting, telephone and computer work.
- Requires ability to use routine office equipment such as computer and telephone.
- Requires sufficient near-vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours to meet the job requirements.
- Requires ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
- OSHA classification is category: All procedures or other job-related tasks that involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissue, or a potential for spills or splashes of these fluids.
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
Hiring Wage Range $19.00-$21.00/HR