RN Care Coordination
- Glenwood Springs, CO
Your career, your legacy, your adventure
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Rifle, and Edwards Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.”
The career opportunities at Mountain Family brings with it the chance to work with an amazing team of professionals and be a part of a team who helps serve a rapidly growing patient population.
We are a strong and rapidly growing Community Health Center located in the beautiful Colorado Mountains, with strong schools, abundant outdoor activities, and vibrant communities. We provide integrated medical-dental-behavioral health care, with 4 clinics, 15,000 patients served annually, $14M annual operating budget, and 120 staff. We are recognized as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee on Quality Assurance
You get to grow as a professional and develop the skills pertinent to meeting the needs of employees and patients. You will work with an experienced leadership team with multiple state and national awards for healthcare innovation. But most important, YOUR career will be about making a difference while living in paradise!!!
Utilize the nursing process for provision of care coordination services to patients who are most at risk for health deterioration, sentinel events and/or poor outcomes; ensure the PCP (primary care provider) team maintains a central role in coordinating and managing the care of vulnerable patients and that patients receive comprehensive care across multiple health settings and providers; utilize the nursing process to ensure continuity and coordination of care across transitions of care for all patients, with attention to patients with complex medical needs; support patients and care teams in chronic disease/care management. Support pursuit of the IHI Triple Aim of improved patient outcomes, enhanced population health and controlling cost.
- Registered Nurse with two (2) years experience in primary outpatient care preferred.
- Current Colorado license
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish Preferred
- Current B.L.S. certification
- Demonstrate excellent communication, assessment and problem solving skills.
- Competent in computer skills and EHR/EPM use.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load.
- Maintain effective and positive professional working relationship with staff and patients at all times.
- Ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to special populations served by MFHC.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to other locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet job requirements.
- Requires ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Requires ability to use routine office equipment such as computer and telephone.
- Requires ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and reach.
- Requires sufficient near-vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
- Requires ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
- O.S.H.A. Category 1: All procedures or other job-related tasks involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of these fluids.
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Annual Flu vaccine required. Employer will provide
- Obtain 2 step PPD for tuberculosis (annually if provider). Employer will provide
- Obtain vaccine records for MMR, Varicella, T-DaP and Hep B. Employer will provide
Hourly wage $24.93-$29.33/hr depending on experience, plus $1.50/hr for possession of fluent Spanish Speaking Skills
Benefits include Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance. Matching 403B plan after 1 year. Other Benefits include:
- Continuing Education
- PTO accrual up to 240 hours
- Much more
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.