Technical Sales Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI
Müller-BBM VibroAcoustic Systems, creator of the innovative PAK measurement system, partners with you to create customized engineering solutions to test and analyze critical information needed during the entire development process to ensure flawless design for your product launch. With precision and longevity in mind, Müller-BBM wants to be a partner in your success.
We differentiate ourselves from the competition by offering customized engineering solutions for all of your sound and vibration measurement and analysis needs. Since we are employee-owned, we are agile and able to anticipate your needs and adapt as necessary.
At Müller-BBM, our sales staff are engineers before they are sales managers. It is very important that the qualified candidate for our open Technical Sales Engineer position has experience that combines acoustic vibration engineering and sales management. This person also needs to be an expert of our PAK Capture Suite. While we will provide extensive training for PAK, a minimum of 2 years experience in acoustic vibration software is mandatory. This position must be able to sell product, generate new business and maintain strong customer relations to be successful.
- Thorough knowledge of acoustic vibration testing software and hardware and their applications.
- Upon hire, the ideal candidate will become an expert in our PAK software, MKII hardware and all other Müller products and services.
- Experience in sales process, generating new business, and ensuring growth and nurturing of existing accounts.
- Assesses potential application of company products or services, and offer solutions from Müller that meet customer needs.
- Researches, creates, and presents reports showing potential customers, as well as existing accounts, the cost benefits of purchasing PAK and Müller product lines.
- Provide technical training to clients and/or potential business.
- Set-up and calibrate equipment to effectively show Müller’s product capabilities in client/potential on-site sale demonstrations.
- Set-up equipment and present at various sound vibration trade shows to recruit new business.
- Keep updated on the current trends in acoustic vibration testing.
- Write technical instructional segments on company website (“PAK tips”).
- Design, test, install, and maintain PAK and Müller products to ensure highest quality of Müller products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The desire to offer up exceptional customer service to existing and future customers.
- Maintain strong customer relationships with current clients and seek return sales.
- Maintain inventory and demo equipment
- Travel is required.
- Availability to work weeknights for trade shows or weekends for demonstrations.
- Work independently under general supervision.
- Previous experience selling to Big Three automotive companies is preferable, but not mandatory.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Vibration Engineering or Computer Information Systems
Must have at least 2 years experience in the following:
- Technical sales experience in the area of test equipment
- Vibration and acoustic testing
- Formal technical support (i.e. phone or email hotline)
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and calibration
- Perform computer configuration and programming
- Sound quality and rotating machinery
PLEASE NOTE: Due to potential government contracts, we are only accepting applications from legal US citizens.