- Waunakee, WI
Founded in 1990, The Murphy Insurance Group is headquartered just outside of Madison, Wisconsin and is a leading independent insurance agency specializing in insuring small-to-midsized businesses throughout the Midwest. Our guiding philosophy is to offer unparalleled customer service, industry leading insurance expertise, and a can-do approach to solving our customers’ most challenging risk management issues.
This critical position ensures our clients receive unmatched service. As a member of our service team, the Client Service Agent is responsible for managing day-to-day client service, coordinating renewals, marketing new business, and collaborating with Client Advocates and Account Executives. Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
This is a full-time position that works with a team of associates in the property and casualty commercial unit, assisting Business Development and Account Executives to deliver unmatched service for our clients. As a member of our Commercial Lines support team, the Application Specialist is responsible for the preparation of system generated policy applications used to obtain quotes from our carriers. Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team, to ensure highest standards are met.
- Dealing with all inquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Collect, coordinate and input data needed by Business Development.
- Review and prioritize all agency requests for application input.
- To review daily workflow and process accordingly.
- To perform and meet timeline for special requests and projects at manager’s request.
- To follow through on insurance company requirements and requests if needed.
- Provide excellent customer service, as needed, to existing clients
- Work with multiple carrier websites for quote entry as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Education, Background & Skills
- High School degree or equivalent, plus 2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- PC, Microsoft Word and Excel experience is required
- Flexible team player with problem solving skills
- Wisconsin Property/Casualty insurance license not required initially but should obtain within year of employment
Manipulating, Grasping, Talking, Hearing, Lifting (50+ lb), Seeing
Level of Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Level of Visual Acuity:
Office environment with occasional requirements to see, tour and/or walk through client facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.