Administrative Assistant / Accounting
- Issaquah, WA
MyCFOLink is a Seattle & Eastside CPA firm providing tax, accounting, and consulting services to businesses and individuals. We tailor our services to precisely fit the unique needs and strengths of our clients. Our mission is simple: help our clients prosper.
MyCFOLink is focused on delivering full-scale business and accounting solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives and prosper. We use a personalized, flexible and needs-based approach so our clients can do what they do best and focus on their core business.
Are you a positive, hardworking team player who enjoys wearing many hats? Do you have ESP (Exceptionally Superior Performance) when it comes to anticipating the needs of your clients and responding with creative, on-target solutions? Do you have a keen eye for detail that ensures your work product is always accurate and of high quality? If so, we want you to apply your energy and skills to our growing accounting team as Administrative Assistant / Accounting.
The Administrative Assistant / Accounting is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and client service responsibilities in support of the firm’s Owner, clients, coworkers and contractors. This position works independently with general guidance and direction from the Owner.
- Provide general administrative support to the Owner and accounting team.
- Serve as first point of contact for internal and external clients including: meeting and greeting clients and visitors, screening incoming phone calls, gathering information, providing general information about the firm, and delivering messages.
- Manage the firm calendar; schedule phone calls and appointments for Owner and accounting team.
- Cultivate relationships and build trust with clients; maintain friendly, positive and professional client communications.
- Prepare for client meetings, including making initial and reminder contacts, and preparing related meeting materials.
- Scan, print/copy, create and assemble financial statements, tax returns, and other client documents.
- Ensure New Client Information Forms are completed and returned in a timely manner. Enter new client information accurately in company CRM and tax software.
- Maintain company CRM info including client and contact information, notes, documents, appointments, and other related actions and information. Manage the firm’s paper filing system. Assist in company billing and collections.
- Draft, proofread, edit and word process firm communications such as letters, memos, interoffice communications, policies and procedures, presentations and reports.
- Sort, open and process incoming mail.
- Coordinate the logistics for firm-sponsored speaking engagements, seminars, trade shows, and events.
- Coordinate monthly newsletter and direct mail / e-mail marketing campaigns including planning and writing content, managing subscriber lists, scheduling and distribution.
- Coordinate client appreciation activities (i.e., holiday greeting cards, birthday cards, client appreciation events, etc.).
- Participate in and monitor firm social media profiles providing content and posting updates on Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completed coursework from an accredited college.
- Considerable experience in general office work including administrative support for small to medium sized teams.
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm or other professional services firm a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and accounting data entry a plus.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to enter data accurately.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, flexibility and strong work-ethic.
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen, ask questions and understand the needs of the Owner, accounting staff and clients.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills including use of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand firm technology and processes.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with coworkers, contractors, vendors, clients and the general public.
- Team-oriented and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Hours and Work Requirements
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- $15 - $18 / Hour DOE
Applicant information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.