Are you a positive, hardworking team player who enjoys wearing many hats? Do you have ESP (Exceptionally Superior Performance) when it comes to anticipating the needs of your clients and responding with creative, on-target solutions? Do you have a keen eye for detail that ensures your work product is always accurate and of high quality? If so, we want you to apply your energy and skills to our growing accounting team as Administrative Assistant / Accounting.
The Administrative Assistant / Accounting is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and client service responsibilities in support of the firm’s Owner, clients, coworkers and contractors. This position works independently with general guidance and direction from the Owner.
- Provide general administrative support to the Owner and accounting team.
- Serve as first point of contact for internal and external clients including: meeting and greeting clients and visitors, screening incoming phone calls, gathering information, providing general information about the firm, and delivering messages.
- Manage the firm calendar; schedule phone calls and appointments for Owner and accounting team.
- Cultivate relationships and build trust with clients; maintain friendly, positive and professional client communications.
- Prepare for client meetings, including making initial and reminder contacts, and preparing related meeting materials.
- Scan, print/copy, create and assemble financial statements, tax returns, and other client documents.
- Ensure New Client Information Forms are completed and returned in a timely manner. Enter new client information accurately in company CRM and tax software.
- Maintain company CRM info including client and contact information, notes, documents, appointments, and other related actions and information. Manage the firm’s paper filing system. Assist in company billing and collections.
- Draft, proofread, edit and word process firm communications such as letters, memos, interoffice communications, policies and procedures, presentations and reports.
- Sort, open and process incoming mail.
- Coordinate the logistics for firm-sponsored speaking engagements, seminars, trade shows, and events.
- Coordinate monthly newsletter and direct mail / e-mail marketing campaigns including planning and writing content, managing subscriber lists, scheduling and distribution.
- Coordinate client appreciation activities (i.e., holiday greeting cards, birthday cards, client appreciation events, etc.).
- Participate in and monitor firm social media profiles providing content and posting updates on Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc.