- Ottawa, Canada
Myticas is a boutique consulting firm specializing in ERP, Analytics (BI/DW), Content/Case Management, Network Engineering and Testing. With a proven track record in the industry, we deliver high-performance professionals to Fortune 500 companies and all levels of government. We are Canadian owned and operated with multiple locations and teams strategically located to best serve our clients across North America. Our unique approach stems from careful listening and intelligent questioning in order to conduct an accurate diagnostic of our client’s needs. We then translate this to successful matches and submit only the best for review and selection. Myticas Consulting – driven, dynamic and forward-thinking!
Data Librarian or Information Specialis
Supporting researchers or institutional initiatives in the following areas:
Data Management (Provide example of experience)
- data management planning
- issues such as copyright, intellectual property, licensing of data, embargoes, ethics and re-use, privacy
- storing and managing data during the research project (curation)
- depositing data in archives at the end of the project, determining retention and disposal
- open access and publishing of data
- research organization policies affecting data
Metadata Management (Provide example of experience)
- creating and maintaining metadata
- developing and applying metadata standards
Using data (data as a resource)
- finding or obtaining data for re-use
- citing data
- data analysis tools and support services
- data literacy (an extension of information literacy to include the ability to "access, assess, manipulate, summarize and present data"
This person will be customer facing. He/she will need to be able to understand what the customer needs and how best to meet those needs – this may include digging beyond to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Must have proven evidence within resume of these traits:
- Critical Thinking & resourceful
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Capacity and/or desire to develop strong business acumen
- A technophile, steady, with a penchant for continuous improvement
- Understands teamwork and experienced at relationship building (internal (group), external (group of companies)
Provide technical support
- Receive RSA tickets (through incident management system) and respond to user technical issues.
- Open tickets with IBM to resolve application issues.
- Identify any user requirements of the application.
- Run the DB merge to update the DB for publishing.
- Run the publisher and load the output.
- Participate is testing.
Play a key role in keeping the enterprise data catalogue current
- Respond to general enquiries on model content.
- Run audit reports and identify compliance issues to users.
- Verifies and ensures that catalogue content is accurate, complete and complies to standards.
- Responsible to ensure resolution of non-compliance issues.
- Run macros for mass update of content.
- Maintain user guides.
Maintain user access
- Set up and maintain roles for each DB based on user requirements.
- Set up and maintain user access.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to various projects that have data related implications.
- Work with users to identify requirements.
- Develop and test solutions, working with IBM to obtain best practices.
- Maintain the database metamodel - (DB structures customized to meet users requirements)
- Update queries used to produce web content.
- Develop audit reports.
- Create / update macros used for mass update of content.
- Develop and maintain user guides to ensure they reflect model changes.
- Develop testing scripts.
- Create and maintain training scenarios on the training DB (dev server).
Follow @Matheo_Silva for up to date job postings!