Data Librarian or Information Specialis
Supporting researchers or institutional initiatives in the following areas:
Data Management (Provide example of experience)
- data management planning
- issues such as copyright, intellectual property, licensing of data, embargoes, ethics and re-use, privacy
- storing and managing data during the research project (curation)
- depositing data in archives at the end of the project, determining retention and disposal
- open access and publishing of data
- research organization policies affecting data
Metadata Management (Provide example of experience)
- creating and maintaining metadata
- developing and applying metadata standards
Using data (data as a resource)
- finding or obtaining data for re-use
- citing data
- data analysis tools and support services
- data literacy (an extension of information literacy to include the ability to "access, assess, manipulate, summarize and present data"
This person will be customer facing. He/she will need to be able to understand what the customer needs and how best to meet those needs – this may include digging beyond to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Must have proven evidence within resume of these traits:
- Critical Thinking & resourceful
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Capacity and/or desire to develop strong business acumen
- A technophile, steady, with a penchant for continuous improvement
- Understands teamwork and experienced at relationship building (internal (group), external (group of companies)
Provide technical support
- Receive RSA tickets (through incident management system) and respond to user technical issues.
- Open tickets with IBM to resolve application issues.
- Identify any user requirements of the application.
- Run the DB merge to update the DB for publishing.
- Run the publisher and load the output.
- Participate is testing.
Play a key role in keeping the enterprise data catalogue current
- Respond to general enquiries on model content.
- Run audit reports and identify compliance issues to users.
- Verifies and ensures that catalogue content is accurate, complete and complies to standards.
- Responsible to ensure resolution of non-compliance issues.
- Run macros for mass update of content.
- Maintain user guides.
Maintain user access
- Set up and maintain roles for each DB based on user requirements.
- Set up and maintain user access.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to various projects that have data related implications.
- Work with users to identify requirements.
- Develop and test solutions, working with IBM to obtain best practices.
- Maintain the database metamodel - (DB structures customized to meet users requirements)
- Update queries used to produce web content.
- Develop audit reports.
- Create / update macros used for mass update of content.
- Develop and maintain user guides to ensure they reflect model changes.
- Develop testing scripts.
- Create and maintain training scenarios on the training DB (dev server).
Follow @Matheo_Silva for up to date job postings!