- Raleigh, NC
Walker Auto Parts is a 50-year old, family-run company with 25 locations in Wake, Durham, Orange, Franklin, Granville, Vance, Craven, Carteret and Warren counties. Our culture is to a be a hands-on family owned and operated business with employees that truly feel they are members of the family and customers that value mutual partnerships.
Our commitment is to bring together the best folks in the business and build a team in each of our marketplaces that strives for professionalism and profitability. We operate with positive energy, passion and enthusiasm. Our commitment is to bring value and expertise to our customer--we are looking for the best people to do this!
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
Walker Auto Stores is geographically divided into three districts --North, East and Central. Combination retail/wholesale stores are located within each district and each store receives merchandise multiple times each day from a central warehouse. The warehouse is led by the Warehouse Manager and multiple Warehouse Associates are direct reports. Associates are responsible for receiving merchandise from UPS, FedEX, shipping companies, the NAPA warehouse in High Point and battery vendors. Also responsible for accurately checking in and stocking shelves with received parts.
Required to perform the following functions:
- Receive, stock and fill parts orders with a high degree of accuracy, speed and efficiency
- Stay focused on stocking and picking parts while minimizing distractions
- Learn new part numbers as they are introduced and shelve logically
- Demonstrative safety practices regarding forklift operation and palletizing parts safely
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communications skills with other Warehouse Associates, Warehouse Manager and store personnel
- Identify damage or shortages to incoming shipments and note on bill of laden
- Use scan gun to check inventory accurately and to effectively take inventory
- Notify warehouse management of stock, forklift or building damage
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships
We are proud of our Walker Auto NAPA team and ready to share the Know How! Apply to start your career with your Walker Auto owned NAPA store today. Accepting applications for any of our warehouse locations.
- Valid N.C. Driver's License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physical Requirements: Lifting- Approximately 50 pounds
- Please apply in person at 705 E. Six Forks Rd., Raleigh N.C. 27609
- Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org