Delivery Driver, Full time
- 34 S Coast Hwy, Newport, OR 97365, USA
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
Today, there are more than 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores. About 1,000 of them are corporate owned, and Genuine Parts Company is the employer for these locations. However, there are about 5,000 independently owned and operated NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores where individual store owners are the employer. This position is through an independently owned and operated store.
We are a family business supplying auto parts and jobs to local communities since 1987. Our family partnered with the largest group of independent automotive aftermarket suppliers in the world - NAPA. What makes NAPA the best choice for your auto parts needs? Independent owners taking pride in the parts we sell and people we employ. Wilson's NAPA employs over 200 employees in 16 different rural communities across Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Do you have a passion for outstanding customer service? Does the idea of variety in the job with both working out of a vehicle and in the store sound like fun? Then we want to hear from you!
Hood River NAPA, part of TWGW, Inc. based in Wilsonville, OR has an immediate opening for a full time delivery driver.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- Establish and maintain outstanding relations with NAPA customer
- Provide efficient and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner
- Accurately check, compare, and verify invoices to ordered parts pulled for delivery to insure accuracy
- Account for cash on Collect on Delivery (COD) orders and maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log
Requirements of the job:
- A valid state driver’s license. You MUST have a clean driving record and will be asked to provide your DMV Driving Record.
- A keen sense of direction with the ability to follow GPS instruction and find your way around your delivery area
- At least 18 years of age
- A positive, friendly attitude and exceptional customer service skills
- Maintain good attendance and arrive to work for each shift in a timely manner.
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
Additionally, as part of the store team, you will:
- Assist with checking in stock orders and stocking products on shelves
- Clean and perform routine maintenance functions for the delivery vehicle and the store
- Adhere to all safety rules, including the handling of hazardous materials
- Answer the telephone on occasion, participate in training
- Performing all other associated duties assigned by management
You must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to meet business needs. This position requires a pre-employment drug screen and background check. A valid driver’s license is required. A driving record with no more than 2 violations in the last three years for candidates 21 years of age and older. You can only have one driving violation in the last three years if you are under 21 years of age.
For immediate consideration submit your resume. Please include the job title in the subject line. Only qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will be open until filled.
TWGW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law. We offer competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Profit Sharing, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
**NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE**