- 203 W C Street, SILVERTON, OR, us
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
There are about 5,000 independently owned and operated NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores where individual store owners are the employer. This position is through an independently owned and operated store. Our store is in Silverton, Oregon; a vibrant community in the middle of the Willamette Valley. Silverton is the gateway to Silver Falls, Oregon's largest state park. Within two hours are the Oregon Coast, the high desert, Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Hood; along with many lakes and rivers, boasting endless recreation opportunities year round. Our company provides parts, accessories, and paint, as well as agriculture supplies and heavy duty truck parts to our neighbors and friends.
NAPA AUTO PARTS Counter Salespeople are the backbone of our business, delivering excellent customer service and knowledge to our long standing customers. Our Know How is the reason our customers continue to come back, and we depend on our Counter Sales team to exemplify our commitment to quality and service.
This is a full time position offering competetive wages with a full benefits package including health insurance (medical/dental/vision), paid vacation & holidays, and a retirement plan.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all store customers
- Assist both retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts questions and needs, either in person, via the telephone, or through online ordering
- Handle cash, credit card, and other purchasing transactions
- Operate the store point of sale system (TAMS) to search for parts and customer accounts, and to invoice and pull orders
- Pull and prepare inventory orders for customer pick up or delivery
- Operate the electronic and paper cataloging system to retrieve up to date parts information
- Effectively communicate features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as professional conduct and appearance at all times.
- Stock inventory daily and notify management when product may be low.
- Maintain cleanliness of showroom and warehouse.
- Work with others to promote our team concept.
This position is for an experienced Auto Parts Professional.
- Successful candidate will have several years direct aftermarket automotive parts experience. NAPA experience not required but helpful.
- An attitude of happy to help and eager to serve the customer is a must.
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve a common goal is a must.
- Desire to excel, get ahead and be the best at your trade will be needed in this position.
Our customers have grown accustomed to receiving the highest level of service as we strive to meet all their automotive needs using all the resources available to us. We don't just sell parts, we build relationships, and the sales come as a result of the relationships we have with our customers. Our counter people know many of our customers by name, and have a vested interest in taking care of them.