Counter Sales and Service
- 117 E Markland Ave, Kokomo, IN 46901, USA
This position is through an independently, family owned and operated store focused on growing sales through superior service and a positive work culture. Kokomo Automotive Supply is a local NAPA Auto Parts stores that has been providing automotive, heavy duty, agricultural, and industrial parts to wholesale and retail consumers for decades. Our new hire brings their best work ethic and positive energy to serve our customers in a manner that reflects our commitment to small business success.
The NAPA Auto Parts Counter Sales employee genuinely enjoys consistently providing positive know-how for wholesale, agricultural, industrial, and DIY customer in the store and on phone calls. This job will use your passion and/or background for the automotive, heavy equipment, or farm industry to exceed our customers’ expectations with efficiency, accuracy and professionalism.
· You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don’t have the background in automotive parts
· Eager to help your team achieve store sales goals
· Able to learn to provide DIY services including battery testing, wiper installs, etc.
· Safely and efficiently deliver parts to customers as needed
· Genuinely want to maintain store operational standards
· Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
· You want the store cleanliness including delivery vehicles to reflect you
· The position is a 40 hour full-time work schedule and are open for our customers 7:30AM to 5:30PM Monday-Friday | 8AM to 3PM Saturday | Closed Sundays
· Motivated to learn and adapt to basic NAPA parts lookup systems and processes
· Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and business partners
· Ability to engage and assist multiple customers with stellar service
· Capable of working both independently and in a team
· Willingness to handle company information with sensitivity and integrity
· Common sense and understanding of how businesses function
· Experience in a parts store, retail store, auto body/collision a plus
· Knowledge of cataloging and/or inventory management systems a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High school diploma or GED; Technical or Trade school courses or degree
· Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts
· ASE Certifications a plus