Counter Person Full - Time
- 1 Marvin Street, Deposit, NY
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
Today, there are more than 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores. About 1,000 of them are corporate owned, and Genuine Parts Company is the employer for these locations. However, there are about 5,000 independently owned and operated NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores where individual store owners are the employer. This position is through an independently owned and operated store.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to gain NAPA Know How? Join the winning team at your locally owned Gillee’s Auto Truck & Marine, Inc. NAPA AUTO PARTS Store!
NAPA AUTO PARTS Counter Salespeople are the backbone of our business, delivering excellent customer service and knowledge to our long standing customers. Our Know How is the reason our customers continue to come back, and we depend on our Counter Sales team to exemplify our commitment to quality and service.
Primary responsibilities include:
Provide exceptional customer service to all store customers
Assist both retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts questions and needs, either in person, via the telephone, or through online ordering
Handle cash, credit card, and other purchasing transactions
Operate the store point of sale system (TAMS) to search for parts and customer accounts, and to invoice and pull orders
Pull and prepare inventory orders for customer pick up or delivery
Operate the electronic and paper cataloging system to retrieve up to date parts information
Effectively communicate features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers
Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as professional conduct and appearance at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Implement appropriate sales practices.
- Practice effective communications.
- Demonstrate ability to sell product features and benefits.
- Demonstrate ability to understand customers’ needs – have related sales knowledge.
- Achieve personal sales and profit quotas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current sales promotions and ability to process consumer rebates and customer registrations.
- Understand and properly handle Core and defect processing.
- Report any problems immediately to management.
- Practice asset security/loss prevention controls.
- Check in store stock orders.
- Report all overages/shortages/damaged merchandise.
- Assist in displaying, pricing, and stocking of merchandise.
- Share responsibility for store maintenance and cleanliness.
- Participate in training when offered.
- Take initiative to find things to do.
- Work with others as a team.
Take pride in yourself, the job you do, and the company you work for.
We are proud of our NAPA team and ready to share the Know How! Apply to start your career with your locally owned NAPA AUTO PARTS store today.
High School Diploma or GED
Clean NYS Drivers License
ASE Certification is a plus
Previous auto/truck parts experience preferred but not required
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurances, paid vacations and holidays, company matched 401k.
Interested applicants can forward a resume to: Gillee's Auto Truck & Marine, Inc. 1 Marvin Street, Deposit NY. c/o Don Berry or call / text 315-783-5950.