Counter Salesperson - Full Time -
- 2000 12th St, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
Today, there are more than 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores. About 1,000 of them are corporate owned. However, there are about 5,000 independently owned and operated NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores where individual store owners are the employer. This position is through an independently owned and operated store.
About Wilson's NAPA:
We are a family business supplying auto parts and jobs to local communities since 1987. Our family partnered with the largest group of independent automotive aftermarket suppliers in the world - NAPA. What makes NAPA the best choice for your auto parts needs? Independent owners taking pride in the parts we sell and people we employ. Wilson's NAPA employs over 250 employees in 19 different rural communities across Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Hood River NAPA, part of TWGW, Inc. based in Wilsonville, OR has an immediate opening for a full time Experienced Parts Counter Salesperson OR a Counter Trainee
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- Find the correct parts application in either the published NAPA catalogs or the TAMS computer catalog
- Demonstrate understanding of products and their application
- Determine customer’s needs
- Describe product features and their benefits to the customer
- Follow prescribed accounting practices and maintain a balanced cash drawer
- Obtain parts not on hand by ordering parts
- Properly receive and store merchandise
- Keep both the stock room and store sales area clean, uncluttered and maintained
Additionally, you will:
- Have the ability to return merchandise and cores to suppliers
- Properly process paperwork and forms generated by the store and our customers
- Effectively communicate NAPA Promotions, product knowledge, features, warranties and benefits
- Adhere to all security policies and safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials
- Participate in training and perform all other associated duties as assigned by management
Requirements of the job:
- At least one year experience in the auto parts industry
- A positive, friendly attitude and exceptional customer service skills
- Maintain good attendance and arrive to work for each shift in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills in a professional manner
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of sale system and cataloging
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 45 pounds
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
You must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to meet business needs. This includes early evenings and/or a weekend or weekend day in a retail setting. This position requires a pre-employment background check.
For immediate consideration submit your resume. Please include the job title in the subject line. Please explain how you would be a good fit as an experienced counter salesperson in your cover letter. Only qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will be open until filled.
TWGW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law. We offer competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Profit Sharing, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
**NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE**