- 140 4th St, Hollister, CA 95023, USA
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 92 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
Today, there are more than 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores. About 1,000 of them are corporate owned, and Genuine Parts Company is the employer for these locations. However, there are about 5,000 independently owned and operated NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores where individual store owners are the employer. This position is through an independently owned and operated store.
As a counter sales professional with our NAPA store we will teach you how to identify and sell customers the correct parts they need to complete the repair on their vehicles. whether it be a passenger car, a tractor or a boat. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to: checking in incoming inventory and helping to put inventory in the correct place, helping maintain a clean appearance in our store, occasionally helping deliver parts to our wholesale customers. NAPA has an extensive online training program to help you learn everything from the correct way to make a delivery to how an air conditioning system works. You will be spending several hours doing online training to help with your hands on experience.
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent customer service skills, has a working knowledge of vehicle systems, a self starter , a team player and teachable (willing to learn). The right candidate will need to be able to work until 6pm M-F and every other Saturday until 4pm.
We offer paid vacation, and holidays, paid personal days, health insurance is also available to full time employees.
While this is an entry level position we want someone who wants to grow within our company and move from the entry level employee to more challenging positions over time.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all store customers
- Assist both retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts questions and needs, either in person, via the telephone, or through online ordering
- Handle cash, credit card, and other purchasing transactions
- Operate the store point of sale system (TAMS) to search for parts and customer accounts, and to invoice and pull orders
- Pull and prepare inventory orders for customer pick up or delivery
- Operate the electronic and paper cataloging system to retrieve up to date parts information
- Effectively communicate features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as professional conduct and appearance at all times.
We are proud of our NAPA team and ready to share the KnowHow! Apply to start your career with your locally owned NAPA AUTO PARTS store today.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.