Automotive Counter Sales Person
- Rivers Ave, North Charleston, SC, USA
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 90 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies.
NAPA Auto Supply is an independently family owned group of NAPA Auto Parts stores with 12 locations in SC. We have been providing great service and parts in the area since 1971. We have grown over the years and looking for some excellent people to help us continue that growth.
NAPA Auto Supply's mission is to provide the best aftermarket auto parts sales experience by the most experienced employees with quality NAPA auto parts while building long term relationships with our valued customers. We touch many different markets foreign , domestic , heavy duty , marine ,agricultural ,industrial , municipal , paint and body supplies , make hydraulic hoses , auto truck accessories.
The Parts Counterperson is responsible for selling automotive, heavy duty truck parts and a variety of other markets in a retail/wholesale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Look up and sell automotive heavy duty truck parts using parts manuals (hard copy and electronic) to identify the correct part needed.
• Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
• Locate available parts when the store is out of stock.
• Provide price quotes and other information.
• Work with internal and external customers to provide the needed part(s).
• Use cash register to collect payment.
Role Specific Competencies:
1. Customer Service - Maintain professionalism at all times. Be courteous at all times to both customers and co-workers while maximizing use of time. Provide assistance as needed with a positive outlook.
2. Quality - Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently. Must be able to maintain paper work and juggle a constantly changing environment.
3. Technical Skills - Have an automotive back ground. Stay up to date on parts knowledge. Navigate parts manuals, both electronic and hard copy.
4. Work Environment/Safety - May operate a forklift in a warehouse environment. Use proper lifting technique.
Company Core Competencies:
5. Job Knowledge – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
6. Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
7. Integrity – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
8. Teamwork – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
•Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Previous parts counter experience desired.
*Job Training Available with Knowledge of Automobiles
•Previous cash and credit handling experience.
•Ability to operate a computer and associated programs including the Internet.
1.Physical Demands: Requires standing, bending, stretching, and manipulating a computer keyboard. Some heavy lifting.
2.Environmental Demands: Mostly indoor work. Some noise while working around operation departments.
Scheduled hours/days: Up to 10 hours per day, 5 to 6 days per week, must have shift flexibility and available to work Saturdays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.