Senior Associate, Health Equity
- 444 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
- Employees can work remotely
NASTAD (National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors) is a leading non-partisan non-profit association that represents public health officials who administer HIV and hepatitis programs in the U.S. Our singular mission is to end the intersecting epidemics of HIV, viral hepatitis, and related conditions. We do this work by strengthening domestic and global governmental public health through advocacy, capacity building, and social justice.
Each of NASTAD's six programmatic teams - Health Care Access, Health Systems Integration, Drug User Health, Hepatitis, Health Equity, and Prevention - interpret and influence policies, conduct trainings, offer technical assistance, and provide advocacy mobilization for U.S. health departments and ministries of health around the world to improve health outcomes for people living with HIV and viral hepatitis.
The Senior Associate, Health Equity, plays an essential role in supporting the implementation and dissemination of evidence-based interventions identified by NASTAD's Center for Innovation and Engagement (CIE). CIE is leading a collaborative partnership with Northwestern University's Center for Prevention Implementation Methodology and Howard Brown Health Center to identify, catalog, disseminate, and support the replication of evidence-informed approaches and interventions to engage people living with HIV (PLWH) who are not receiving HIV care or who are at risk of not continuing to receive HIV care. The project's end goal is to support the replication of identified interventions into real-world implementation by Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) and HIV care providers.
- Coordinate logistics for the CIE website, including developing and uploading new resources, coordinating the schedule for uploading new materials, etc.
- Writing copy of appropriate style and tone for a wide range of content and products, including but not limited to the CIE website, intervention how-to-guides, fact sheets, webinar presentations, memos, blog posts, social media posts, and other technical assistance materials.
- Assist with proofreading and contribute to the writing of implementation manuals and how-to-guides.
- Assist with developing and submitting conference abstracts.
- Assist with administrative coordination, including scheduling stakeholder meetings and listserv management.
- Attend monthly staff and Health Equity team meetings.
- Participate in teambuilding and leadership development opportunities.
- Contribute to health equity initiatives as opportunities arise.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (e.g., English, Journalism, Communications, Public Health).
- 2 years of writing experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position.
- Advanced technical writing, editing, research, interviewing, and time management skills a must.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex, often technically specific content and be able to translate it effectively to a variety of target audiences.
- The high degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage several assignments simultaneously and to adhere to internal and external deadlines.
- Proactive self-starter with the desire to be a team player and to work with a small, dynamic, and collaborative team.
- Keen interest in acquiring knowledge related to clients’ missions and learning how communications and marketing directly influence client success.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or out of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Written Communications: The ability to use formal writing styles or advanced literary techniques and formats suited to the audience.
- Understanding of health equity and a commitment to incorporating social justice concepts in public health programming and communications.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural humility and responsiveness.
- Experience and a strong interest in developing accessible content with a focus on improving the wellbeing and health of people living with HIV.
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an HIV/AIDS, drug user health, and viral hepatitis public health organization.
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time when it is safe to do so.
Please include a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
We encourage people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply. We recognize that to accelerate the end of the HIV and hepatitis epidemics, and our workforce must represent groups that have been disproportionately impacted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.