Enterprise Technology Officer
- Rome, NY
NCI is a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government agencies.
NCI: is seeking an Enterprise Technology Officer ( Business Systems Analyst , Principal ) to join its Air Force Research Lab/Rome Research Site information technology services team in Rome, NY. The ideal candidate will support the identification, evaluation and implementation of new IT technologies as a means to improve operational efficiencies/service delivery, reduce total cost of IT ownership, and expand IT service catalog offerings to better meet current and future customer requirements. He or she must be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the customer's service delivery model and be able to identify and promote areas for improvement using approved Air Force products and services. In addition, the candidate will define and validate solution success requirements, while focusing on the customer’s "as is" business policies, practices and process, to recommend the "to be" policies, practices and processes. The Enterprise Technology Analyst will report to the Program Manager and be responsible for technology analysis, risk assessment and implementing technical standards in accordance with applicable Air Force, DoD and Federal instructions, guidance and directives. This individual will work collaboratively and closely with the RIOS Branch Chief, Communications and Computers to develop/align the RIOS technology vision with their overarching business strategy. The specialist will work in close coordination with contractor service delivery/operational units to review and implement infrastructure, enterprise, architecture solutions/changes.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Review near-term, mid-term and long range planning; impact analyses; and investment analysis.
- Recommend infrastructure, hardware and software purchases that will improve or enhance service delivery offerings.
- Perform research and create technical designs for large and complicated projects.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on inclusion into RIOS development methodologies and architecture.
- Develop information systems architecture involving integration of multiple platforms, vendor products and technologies.
- Develop cost and budget analyses or forecast.
- May consult with external customers on projects; advise on project feasibility and recommend solutions.
- Lead requirement analysis and verification processes, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to our client's standards.
- Recommend, propose, and present solutions consisting of software, integrated hardware, and professional service offerings based on customer need and business analysis.
- Assist contractor Program Manager; define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements that, if implemented, will enhance service delivery.
- Establish key performance indicators for adopted technologies.
- Work as information systems Project Manager.
- Lead cross functional teams of IT professionals including Information Assurance, Network Administrators, Server Administrators and Database Administrators on scope, solutions requirements, success, constraints, deployment requirements and defined risks.
- Create implementation plans and documentation to be followed by staff.
- Manage all research, development, and product design initiatives.
- Develop and obtain agreement on service level agreements.
- Coordinate the resolution of vendor problems.
- Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Active Secret clearance and/or the ability to obtain one.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, good presentation skills, the ability to motivate all levels of staff and the ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Experience with data centers, servers, storage, networking and VOIP, preferable in an Air Force or DoD environment.
- Need to be available to work an 8 hour day Monday through Friday between the hours of 0700-1700. Schedule will be determined at time of hiring. Flexibility in scheduling is a must to react to customer needs/requests as they occur.
- Must bring proven experience of business analysis, process management, and change management skills to the position in order to provide a consultative view in recommending solutions to customers in this highly professional position.
- Continuous research of the latest industry technology and make recommendations with regards to where the Air Force is today and where it plans to go with technology in the future.
- Experience using work break down structures approach to project planning.
- Experience developing white papers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field and 5 years full-time experience in the field of systems analysis, systems engineering, operating systems, network analysis and/or management or similar field in a multi-platform information systems environment. One of the five years shall include project management and leadership/mentoring of staff or at least 5 years as a chief technologist with a proven track record of success.
- Must have a demonstrated technical knowledge of current computer and telecommunications hardware and software particularly relevant to an Air Force or DoD environment.
- Security+ or CISSP Certification within 6 months of date of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Current PMP certification.
- Industry Professional Certification (CCNA, MCTS, MCSE, etc.)