- Reston, VA
NCI is a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government agencies.
NCI: As Program Manager ( Program Manager III ), you will be the key leader on this critical Air Force contract. You will oversee a full range of business process reengineering and Information Technology services to meet the Air Force Civil Engineering Transformation & Engineering of NexGen IT initiatives goals and objectives. You’ll face the challenge of overall project success and be responsible for the day-to-day operational execution of the contract. You will lead project life cycle tasks from definition through post implementation and facilitating the organization, administration, and activities of specific customer tasks. You will create, identify, prioritize, and manage individual or group projects to monitor schedules, ensure on-time deliverables, and fulfill all deliverable requirements. You will also validate achievement of objectives and verify and document project results in accordance with contractual agreements. You will coordinate production, post implementation tasks, and project review/lessons learned. You’ll also be part of the NCI family, a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government Agencies. As an NCI team member, you’ll be at the tip-of-the-spear in reshaping the way services and solutions are delivered to our customers to proactively understand and meet their mission needs. NCI offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, professional development, and the chance to make a difference. Come grow with us! This requirement is contingent upon contract award.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Provide program supervision and management for IT initiatives in major civil engineering program activities located in Arlington, Virginia.
- Manage large projects involving multifunctional tasking and substantial complexity.
- Plan and supervise major system life cycle support tasks/functions including requirements definition, acquisition, integration, test and evaluation, fielding/installation, and disposition.
- Responsible for management and coordination of matters pertaining to the Customer.
- Provide leadership to all contract employees for the effort to include, but not limited to: budget control, production timetable, status reporting, and client/project team coordination.
- Define and achieve client needs through one-on-one sessions and on-going communication.
- Responsible for planning, execution, and control of work tasks.
- Coordinate resource, staffing, and scheduling requirements with supervisory personnel.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager and the Contractor’s senior management.
- Serve as the point of contact for the customer to ensure project deliverables and contractual commitments are met. Implement and manage documentation to track and manage project status and project hours.
- Active Secret Security clearance.
- Minimum of 5 years of program management experience with the last 3 years directly related to management of Civil Engineering systems.
- Must have 12 years of progressive experience in design and development.
- 5 years of management and supervision of substantive military hardware/software development.
- 5 years of systems analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, or an accredited Program Management certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Program Management Institute (PMI).