Help Desk Manager
- Rome, NY
NCI is a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government agencies.
NCI: As our Help Desk Manager ( Help Desk Manager ) with NCI, you will have the opportunity to support the Air Force Research Laboratory. Under general direction of the Program Manager, the User Services Manager, is responsible for managing the Tier 1, 2 & 3 User Services team to ensure performance objectives and schedules are met and that all provided services are of the highest quality. He/she will proactively implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels, quick resolution of issues, continuous improvement and the elimination of inefficiencies and technical issues. This position is responsible for the User Services group to include Help Desk, Desktop Support, Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE), System Staging/De-Staging and Video Teleconferencing (VTC)/Audio Visual.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Assigns, and directs work and establishes priorities; coordinates efforts to expedite workflow and ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor performance metrics to measure help desk effectiveness and productivity.
- Monitor productivity and quality, and maintain optimal staffing at all times to ensure that services level agreements are met as agreed upon.
- Point of contact for client escalations and operational issues.
- Develop team effectiveness through coaching, communication, motivation and mentoring.
- Build and motivate a strong and cohesive team that is customer-focused and possesses the technical competence to deliver services that meet or exceed the needs of the organization.
- Direct ongoing work focused on continuous process and structure improvements to achieve maximum cost savings and performance efficiency.
- Identify, analyze and communicate trends.
- Conduct assessments/audits service delivery performance objectives to identify opportunities for improvement, correctives actions and mitigation strategies.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communications abilities are essential.
- Attends client meetings providing feedback and suggestions.
- Organize, direct and oversee the day to day activities of the User Services group to ensure quality customer service.
- Design policies and standard operating procedures, job aides and checklists.
- Monitor service calls and emails to observe help desk staff’s demeanor and technical accuracy to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues; provide feedback as needed.
- Research and stay current on IT service best practices and serve as a subject matter expert in these areas.
- Experience with measuring and tracking team performance metrics\SLAs (i.e. First Call Resolution, Abandon Rates, Talk Times, Avg Speed to Answer, Trouble tickets, Service requests and Change Requests).
- Provides training on operational procedures.
- Monitors and oversees desktop support problems and resolutions to determine trouble trends.
- Recommend changes to Remedy call tracking software to better serve the organization.
- Active Secret Security Clearnace and or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related discipline preferred 5+ years as a Help Desk Manager.
- Intermediate ITIL Certification Ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
- Experience leading teams of Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support groups.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be available to work between the hours of 7AM – 5PM.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related discipline preferred 5+ years as a Help Desk Manager.
- Successful, proven experience applying ITIL in a Help Desk/Desktop Support Environment. Experience with Remedy software.
- Experience with a DoD Help Desk operations preferred.