Project Control Specialist/Coordinator
- Rome, NY
NCI is a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government agencies.
NCI: As an IT Project Control Specialist ( Program Control Specialist I ) with NCI, you will be responsible for supporting major projects and project engineering teams to include: requirements review, scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, risk identification, development of tactical/strategic mitigation strategies, project prioritization, cost management, earned value analysis and customer acceptance. In addition, you will facilitate and enable project success by providing leadership and guidance in project lifecycle management, cost management, planning and scheduling, earned value, and risk management throughout the initiation, planning, execution, management and control, as well as the closing of projects throughout the project lifecycle. This role also provides input for defining and implementing processes and practices related to program/project cost, scheduling and risk management activities including earned value management.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager, Planning Team Lead, Customer and NCI Engineering team members to record/validate requests, set project prioritization and schedules for complex, multiple, competing projects by effectively managing/tracking work assignments while managing customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to develop, implement, and manage business best practices, processes, standards.
- Prepare reports, presentations and provide information to program leadership regarding the state of projects or specific project management issues and programs, on a weekly basis.
- Work collaboratively with NCI corporate to ensure that the relevant business processes are aligned with NCIs business practices (CMMI / ISO) as well as with client goals, objectives, strategies and mission.
- Under guidance of the Project Manager develop work breakdown structures, prepare charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing project needs.
- Perform analysis related to funding, staffing, spending, schedule attainment and program performance.
- Develop and maintain integrated resource loaded project schedules and identify and resolve resource conflicts.
- Define project scope, deliverables and roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners.
- Ensures creation, identification, prioritization and sign off of business requirements. Get stakeholder approval and commitment for project plan.
- Manage stakeholder communication by confirming achievement of objectives and documenting project results to formalize acceptance.
- Work with outside vendors such as Cisco and Dell to obtain quotes. Validate quotes and ensure product compliance with DoD requirements.
- Assures project planning and financial monitoring - coordination of cost estimates; resource planning and management, identification of and securing of resources.
- Ensures proper transition to production support team and impacted business areas.
- Documented project coordination/management experience and proven ability to manage scope creep.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in vendor relations.
- Knowledge of project control in an IT (Information Assurance, Networking, System Administration) environment.
- 2-3 years performing project control tasks for IT Projects.
- Strong experience with advance features of Excel, Visio and Word.
- Expert using Microsoft Project 2007 and/or 2010.
- CompTIA Project+ certification within 3 months of date of hire. PMP preferred.
- Hold an active SECRET Clearance or have the ability to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Previous/current DoD/Government budgeting and acquisition strategies experience.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage complex, concurrent projects.
- Strong team working skills.
- Experienced in change management.
- Ability to obtain user and stakeholder buy-in.
- Able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7:00 to 5:00 PM.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PMP Certification.
- A degree in Computer Science and 7+ years of experience performing similar tasks.