Junior Developer - .Net
- Home Based/Remote, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
NEC deliver health applications and services across the UK, Ireland and India. Our applications support the health screening of Newborn Babies and we support the the world’s biggest orthopaedic registry, providing data and intelligence enabling better healthcare and commercial decision making to the NHS, private healthcare providers and medical device manufacturers.
We have embarked on an exciting programme of investment to upgrade and consolidate our product set onto a single core application platform based on Microsoft .Net and SQL Server. Looking forwards we are already deploying new solutions onto Azure and AWS.
We are now looking for an additional developer to join our busy healthcare development team. The successful candidate will be working with us to further develop our screening and registries solutions, utilising some of the latest Microsoft and open source components. This role is key to our platform development and will make a real difference to supporting the provision of healthcare solutions to our clients.
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Develop technical interfaces, specifications, and architecture
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Create and test software prototypes
- Develop client displays and user interfaces
- Assist software personnel in handling project related work and other requirements
- Coordinate with other software professionals and developers
- Recent graduate, ideally with some experience gained in the IT industry (e.g., through a placement) OR has 2-3 years relevant experience in IT industry
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns e.g., Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Knowledge of C# language and HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Knowledge of REST and RPC APIs
- Able to work well in a team setting
Employees of NEC are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.