Homebased Government and Housing Project Manager
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
This is a Home Based role, which will require travel throughout the UK to our client sites. We are looking for an experienced Software Implementation Project Manager to work with our Government, Health and Housing Customers. The projects we work on involve systems implementation and consultancy covering Housing, Public Protection, Revenues and Benefits, Document Management, or specific projects for central government (Blue Badge, HGV Charging for example).
Projects can be very large and require the services of a dedicated project manager but also range down to much smaller engagements which would also be allocated to a project manager, in each case acting in a supplier delivery role.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager within NEC:
- Manage multiple projects successfully across a range of customers
- Pre-contract the Project Manager supports pre-sales activity including providing ITT responses; presenting NEC Software Solution's implementation approach; supporting the sales discussions with the client and producing relevant project documentation.
- Ensure that the commercial proposal is sound based on our previous experiences and available knowledge.
- Following contract award, the Project Manager will lead a team of implementation consultants and product specialists to deliver the required project outcomes, run as a program of work, an isolated project or as one of a series of smaller engagements.
- Work with the client and the implementation team to plan the project and set up the project organisation according to Prince2 principles.
- Control and monitor project progress and billing, acting as the main point of contact with the client until the project is successfully completed.
- Be responsible for forecasting and securing the revenue from successful achievement of project milestones as well as accurate forecasting of billings.
- Reporting to and updating key internal stakeholders as to overall progress against performance targets.
- Be highly visible to the client and third parties, including making a significant contribution to project board meetings
- Significant experience in managing complex Projects
- Experience as a Project Manager within Public Sector Projects
- Prince 2 Qualified or experience working to this methodology
- Ability to lead and motivate internal project teams, clients and third parties
- Ability to work in a commercially astute way, making considered decisions based on an understanding of the facts and commercial perspective
- Experience managing software implementation projects from either a client or supplier perspective into the UK Public Services
- Able and willing to travel throughout the UK and overseas.
- Local Government, Housing or Health Experience from a Supplier Perspective
- Prince 2 Qualified
- Experience with NEC
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Strong influencing skills
We pride ourselves in offering an excellent benefits package, including an above average pension scheme. When you join the team at NEC Software Solutions, you are provided with the following:
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.