UX Designer - Homebased
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of new-born babies.
As a UX Designer, you’ll be joining 3,500+ colleagues across the globe and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to deliver amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
Either hybrid office based at our Bracknell or Alderley Edge Offices
or Home based with regular travel to our offices
About the Job
As a user experience designer, you’ll work on building outstanding digital services for a diverse mix of central and local government clients across the UK. Some travel to customer sites may be required
As a member of the central service design team. You will work with, and be supported by, the senior UX designer, to provide UX expertise to the business units.
You will work with product owners and business analysts from across the business to translate their domain and business process knowledge into compelling user interfaces. Delivering exciting new products for our customers and their citizens
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead workshops and conduct user research to gather requirements
- Translate requirements into user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Produce information architecture maps and UX specification documentation to be used by developers and testers
- Conduct user testing and iterate designs based on the results
- Regularly present to customers to confirm we are designing solutions that simplify and improve the user experience in line with their requirements
- Work closely with developers and product managers to ensure that your designs are deliverable within time and budget
Working with the senior UX designer the role offers the opportunity to apply your UX knowledge within the important and expanding digital public sector and as a result directly help improve people’s lives. Working with public sector domain experts and technical specialists, you will be a critical part of the entire project cycle: from initial identification of requirements, through iterative design, collaboration with the development team and user testing, to public release and beyond.
- Knowledge of one or more wireframing/prototyping tools (we use Axure)
- Knowledge of implementing accessibility standards
- Ability to plan and execute iterative testing of prototypes
- Understanding of usability testing, tools, and analysis methodologies
- Ability to translate research findings into specific, prioritised recommendations to quickly improve product designs
- Knowledge of public sector design patterns and standards such as the GOV.UK design system or the Digital Scotland design system
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities
- Effective relationship builder, developing positive and productive working relationships
- Must act with integrity and communicate in good time if there are problems in the project which will impact delivery
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and put forward alternative ideas and concepts
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- LinkedIn Learning - access to all lessons and videos
- Yearly Performance/Salary reviews
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
We are an employer who cares, we have an invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life