Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with eight, soon to be eleven, data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our Culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
Our Values help to define our culture. They're not words on a page, they're the behaviours and skills that are valued in team mates. We live our values of Straight Talk, Customer First, Frugal not Cheap, The Pursuits of Excellence, Bright Ideas and One Team each and every day.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager provides analysis, advice and management relating to the engagement and selection of key vendors and partners to support the scalable growth of NEXTDC.
The successful applicant will be required to collaborate with various business units to facilitate end to end sourcing activities, including and not limited to:
- The development of strategic sourcing plans
- Conducting internal and external market and needs analysis
- The creation of sourcing documentation and the coordination of related processes
- Market and vendor evaluation including procurement recommendations
- The development and maintenance of equipment purchasing plans and delivery schedules
As an integral member of the Procurement team, this role will be responsible for identifying opportunities which reduce the total cost of ownership, along with the development and implementation of sound sourcing strategies which assist in achieving optimal commercial outcomes at NEXTDC. The position will also be involved in the creation of key policies and procedures, whilst also evaluating and selecting emerging technologies to deliver efficiencies within the procurement process.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- 4-7 years’ experience in similar positions (essential)
- Well versed in end to end bid and strategic sourcing initiatives (essential)
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications – Bachelor of Business or related management discipline (essential)
- Knowledge of risk/change management and related strategies
- Industry certification from IACCM/CIPS/IFPSM (desirable)
- Exposure and experience to Mining / Engineering / Construction and Project Management environments (desirable)
- Previous employment within a Procurement Management Consulting environment (desirable)
- Experience with the evaluation and implementation of procurement related technology and systems (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of the data centre and related industries (desirable)