- Melbourne VIC, Australia
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with eight, soon to be eleven, data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
The Electrical Engineer works with Electrical & Project Engineering to ensure NEXTDC continues to deliver industry leading data centres per the management and brief objectives, budgets and timelines. You will work with business stakeholders to provide specialist support, oversee the management of Integrated Systems Testing and construction site inspections for on-site commissioning and troubleshooting.
You will also work Research & Development projects to ensure NEXTDC Engineering continues to lead the industry, improve our competitive advantage, differentiation and business performance over the long term.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills & experience:
- Highly developed skills in electrical engineering for all project stages of mission critical 24/7 100% uptime facilities
- Experienced in mission critical facility system design to operation and maintenance desirable
- Eye for detail
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Engineering - Electrical
- High Voltage accreditation desirable
- Chartered professional engineer / RPEQ desirable