Senior Financial Accountant - Maternity Contract
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with six, soon to be eight, data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
Are you passionate about producing IFRS-compliant financial reports, and eager to join a fast-growing ASX-listed company that provides the infrastructure to support cloud computing and cloud technologies?
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, and driving process improvement, while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, this position will be covering a maternity vacancy we currently have in our finance team, and will provide the opportunity to work with a high performing team of finance professionals.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Timely preparation of month-end accounting including processing general journals and preparation of reconciliations for major balance sheet accounts
- Tax compliance, including preparation of monthly and annual returns
- Preparation of weekly finance report for distribution to Executive team
- Assistance with preparation of full and half-year statutory reporting obligations
- Liaise with external auditors to assist with audit requirements
- Preparation and lodgement of surveys to the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Ensure transactions from billing system are integrated accurately with the general ledger
- Business partner with business operations team to ensure timely accounts receivable and revenue close off
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- CA or CPA qualified
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information
- Advanced Excel skills
- Access skills desirable
- Solid understanding of IFRS
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
If this sounds like you, apply now to join the NEXTDC team during this exciting growth phase!